Mini Cooper Run Flat Tyres - worn out quickly

Different make and model of car but my original (front) set of front Pirelli P-Zero's lasted 6k miles. They wore really badly down the centre (not easy to spot). This is usually a sign of continued over-inflation of the tyre but I know that wasnt case (pressure checked every week).

At over £100 per corner this rate of wear was going to bust the bank.

Fortunately a lot of owners of my type of car had exactly the same problem. Many owners tried other brands of premium tyre and I ended up going with the majority vote and switched to Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's

I've just done 18k miles on the replacement set of fronts.

Get yourself on a The Miniforum and do some searching. You'll prolly find others have had the same experience and there will be better alternative option for your replacements.

Yep its a Cooper but thought I would get more mileage out of them - only the front ones have worn badly

Its common on Coopers. You can get harder tyres which last longer but the grip isn't the same. Depends on how hard you drive it really...

We have a Cooper (Charlie) with the 17 inch runflats.

We've not done bad milage wise from them....they are a little worn on the edges but there is still 4mm in the center 3/4.

Was told by a man at the tyre center where we bought the last one that the Dunlop runflats are noted for poor wearing.

If you need new ones try Chippy at Auto Dynamics down Attercliffe...they are £130 each(there abouts).

Archived