Has anyone ever lived in Derby?

Derby isnt that dissimilar to sheffield. Good uni, two great hospitals (one brand new) Excellent shopping. Same railway links as sheffield (midland) decent station. The night life is reasonably good, but be aware of the numerous stag and hen parties that seem to have taken over recently. If you did fancy a change one night, nottingham is a stones throw away. Not so sure about theater etc as it was never appealed to me. For that kinda thing id say nottingham was better. Spondons quite a nice area with reasonable house prices. Avoid alvaston like the plague!!!! Chaddesden is also nice and not too far from major road links (m1, brian clough way straight into nottingham). I guess its like everywhere else good and bad. Hope this helps ruby!

Its classed as Derby but has a Nottingham postcode lol. I can certainly ask her what area's to avoid? House prices are quite fair there at the moment, she's looking to move herself so have been having a nose at the ones she likes the look of.
Thanks guys! I'd really like to move back to live in London but no way could I afford it. I'm looking to cut the journey time more than anything. If we could move Sheffield down to just below Leicester that'd be even better! ;)

Ashby may be an option for you. Its between derby and brum, but house prices are very reasonable, and again, has excellent road and rail links...(just an idea!).

If i could live anywhere it would be cornwall again...i just cant pursuade my hubby to leave 'up norf'.

I'd like to move further south too Ruby, I'm originally from Herts - I want to go home :(
Awww! feeling homesick and like an exile? *hug*

Sheffield is my home really, but that doesn't stop me from wish-wishing that it was quicker to get to Central London from here! My family's there and I'd visit more often if it was only an hour's drive instead of two or more :D

Hence Derby or maybe even Leicester ... oooh! Leicster, it's so cheap!! w bed terrace, £55k, wow!

Archived