What Tent Do You Currently Own?

So, here we have it, a new group. What better way to start the group, other than the introduction thread, than by starting a thread about tents. Yup, let's compare tents.

I will show you mine, if you show me yours.... as the saying goes.

Anyhow, I currently own:

http://www.springfield-camping.co.uk/SunnCamp/Tents/Evolution+400/504/pc

I own a Sunncamp Evolution 400. Probably the best tent I've bought to date. Just lived out of it for an entire week whilst in Scotland and it served my needs precisely. Furthermore, it survived a hefty wind and kept it's shape.

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! A Camping group! YESSSSSSSS!

Ehem.

Anyway, "what do you mean what tent?"

Do you mean "Which tents?"!

My first tent is Quechua Base 4.2, which I love, but it doesn't fit in my small car too well.

So I have a Wynnster Bordeuax 6, which is not much bigger but folds up smaller and has a sewn in ground sheet.

I also have a Vango 3 man pop up for pre tunnel overnighters etc.

http://www.camperlands.co.uk/store/vango-icarus-300-tent-2010-72721-0.html

Thats my new tent.

I started camping (not that type of camping either) with a one man popup tent, it was so cramp inside you couldnt move, then moved to a bigger popup tent, and I wasnt even happy with that one.

Then I saw a Vango 500 and thought yes I need the smaller version and here it is, its been on 2 camping meets recently and its just what I wanted.

It is easy to put up, only 3 poles, and I put it up myself and even packed it away by myself as well, so you dont need several people for this tent.

Also the inner is attached to the outer so you dont have to bother clipping the inner bit.

Done in about 15 mins and you can then sit down and have a few drinks.

I seem to collect tents, and most are either used for different occasions or borrowed out to newbie campers to get a feel for things....

I currently have a Quecha 3 seconds ( original one, thats easy to pack away ) a Quecha 2 Seconds Air, A huge Outdoor Revolution 12 man tent, that is lovingly referred to as the castle, my mainstay tent, a Vango Icarus 500 with canopy... and also at my disposal I have a Hi Gear Kalahari 8 berth tent.

I'm currently longing for a canvas bell tent, that I can put a woodburning stove in for winter camping....

Everyone hates my tent as i can't put it up on my own.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3408551/c_1/1|category_root|Sports+and+leisure|14419152/c_2/3|14419152|Camping|14419397/c_3/4|cat_14419397|Tents|14419414.htm

Spacewise I love it for me, it's got two bedrooms so i can use one for sleeping in, one for dumping stuff in and the mainroom for my chair and preparing stuff in. not

it's also fine for two single people - one in each bedroom.

However I have shared it with a friend in the same bedroom compartment - not sleeping together in biblical sense - and that was a bit too close for comfort. I went in the corner part and felt really squished.

I've not used it as a couple.

If i got another, I'd get one i could comfortably stand up in in the living area.

I also have a 1970s ridge tent that i've not used for ages but i have camped in early November in before and been on holiday for 5 days at a time in. Not used it for a while though as last time someone bent down and went eeh son, that's history for you. Still bloomin love that tent though!

Just bought a Vango Nevis 400 and took it for it's first outing to the Lakes last week. Very roomy and proved to be really waterproof too. Wasn't much fun on the first night though when we found the air bed had sprung a leak. Sleeping on the ground is not that comfortable!

Also have a Coleman Mackenzie with a lovely big porch for cooking under. That's waterproof too as a trip to Wales in July will testify. 4 days of continuous rain and winds there, whilst it was sunny and hot back in Sheffield.