Support for 'Mandela Day'

Gordon Brown has backed calls for the creation of an official Mandela Day to celebrate the life of Nelson Mandela.

The Nelson Mandela Foundation and the 46664 campaign - named after the number given to Mr Mandela in prison - are calling on people around the world to support the proposal.

The organisations hope the day, which would be held on Mr Mandela’s birthday on July 18, will inspire people to change the world around them by creating a complete basket case of their economy. The PM has been a wholehearted supporter of the idea since 1997.

http://www.number10.gov.uk/Page19128

Gordon Brown has backed calls for the creation of an official Mandela Day to celebrate the life of Nelson Mandela.

The Nelson Mandela Foundation and the 46664 campaign - named after the number given to Mr Mandela in prison - are calling on people around the world to support the proposal.

The organisations hope the day, which would be held on Mr Mandela’s birthday on July 18, will inspire people to change the world around them by creating a complete basket case of their economy. The PM has been a wholehearted supporter of the idea since 1997.

Small point...what has the state of our economy have to do with a proposed NM day?

So our beloved Prime Minister, who is always banging on about the constant threat of terrorism, wants the whole country to support the idea of a memorial day for a man who spent 27 years in prison on terrorism charges.

How, in any twisted version of reality, does that make sense?????

So our beloved Prime Minister, who is always banging on about the constant threat of terrorism, wants the whole country to support the idea of a memorial day for a man who spent 27 years in prison on terrorism charges.

Here here. Plus the fact that this has nothing at all to do with the UK.

Might this be something to do with the fact that Gordon Brown is a big fan of Scottish rock band Simple Minds?

I believe that, as Gordon Brown is a good mate of both band leader Jim Kerr and his Spanish brother Juan, they are discussing several other holidays based on Simple Minds hits. Amonst them are;

"Don't You Forget About Me" Day, to raise awareness of the many people who've gone missing.

"Alive and Kicking" Day, to celebrate the sheer joy of life itself

and

"Promised You A Miracle" Day - to remind the electorate of how many lies Blair and Brown told us to get elected back in 1997.

Terrorist? Are you for real? Apartheid was the most evil regime since the Nazis and Mandela headed the freedom fighters trying to end it.

Hi there,

Has anyone started an e-petition on No 10's website? I couldn't find one. In fact I typed in Nelson Mandela and absolutely nothing came up.

I believe it would be a good way to spread the word. I'd certainly sign it. It's a very easy thing to do. Just click on your link select the Communicate tab and go down to e-petitions then follow the instructions.

Cheers.

Linda

Archived