Mess all over Hillsborough Park courtesy of students

All mornin myself and colleuges at Hillsborough park have been clearin from the aftermath of the rugby final in the Wednesday ground. Students, who are supposed to be educated and the next generation, using government money to sup ale, tape the cans together ( wot the <removed>) drink half cans and bottles and throw them all over the place. Glass bottles smashed on the street and in the park, where kids always play especially tday with it being a nice day leaflets advertisin uni events scattered all over. But the icing on the cake which upset all members of staff and the regular park users, was a newly planted tree snapped in half, people take there time growing and keeping them, costs somebody money for the tree then time to plant for some <removed> getting giddy after a bit of pop running about like a little girl n swinging of them. It's not as if they're kids, some probably older than me.

Have a bit more respect and grow up.

Guest sibon
And how do you know all this was students?

Probably because Hillsborough park was jammed with students after yesterday's varsity match.

However, "students drink beer and make a mess" is hardly headline news.

I think it more likely these student came from Hillsborough college than uni. Hillsborough is too far out of the way for uni students generally speaking - more likely to find them in Endcliffe park than Hillsborough park

They descend on Hillsborough each year for the varsity thing.

No, it was the Varsity between the 2 universities in Sheffield so it was definately uni students...

I was a student for 3 years and I worked hard, got a good degree which means I'm now bilingual and have a fantastic, well-paid job...

I always used to fight the corner for students as we're not all hooligans, most of us do want to work hard and better ourselves, and like me, some are unable to do that without government funding..

However, I can completely see the other side, people like this give students a bad name and are just as bad as some people on the dole, getting money for eff all and taking advantage of it when decent working people are the ones paying for it...and most of them are probably not from Sheffield so how dare they come into our city and destroy it like that! :rant:

Archived