Whats you best football match memory?

Do you have 1 match from your childhood which will always stick in your head? Or a more recent one which you know will stay with you for years to come? was it because the game was brilliant? or because the day out was so much fun? Did something specific happen?

We all support different teams but we all love the same things within the sport of football, the game, the days out, the drinks, getting together with friends/family................

Share you fave memory of our much loved sport!!!

Do you have 1 match from your childhood which will always stick in your head? Or a more recent one which you know will stay with you for years to come? was it because the game was brilliant? or because the day out was so much fun? Did something specific happen?

We all support different teams but we all love the same things within the sport of football, the game, the days out, the drinks, getting together with friends/family................

Share you fave memory of our much loved sport!!!

mmmMMMMMmmm

boxing day 1979

league cup win 1991

fa cup semi final 1993

play off final 2005

derby double 2009

Ho happy days

I have many memories of glory days at hillsborough and beyond ... strangely apart from the Waddle crucifies West Ham.

A couple of matches that made me proud to be an owl, and stick in my mind -these are not obvious choices...Kanchelskis for Everton at Hillsborough ripped Wednesday apart on his own

0-5 if I remember correctly. ( I may stand corrected???)

Standing ovation for him :clap:- 1 and only time I can ever remember that happening for an oppositions individual performance.

And the retirement of Dion Dublin ... Last match v Norwich. A Model Pro who deserved the plaudits.:clap:

mmmMMMMMmmm

boxing day 1979

league cup win 1991

fa cup semi final 1993

play off final 2005

derby double 2009

Ho happy days

All of those plus Owls 5 Man U 4 in 1968.

Also the best individual performance Colin Dobson v Wolves, early sixties. Even better than Waddle v West Ham.

There are special matches that I remember like Waddle's demolition of West Ham which has already been mentioned. However my strongest match memory is when Andy Pearce scored against United at Hillsborough. I don't remember what the goal was like but I do remember me, my brother and this complete stranger sat next to us all jumping out of our seats and hugging each other in joy and bouncing around singing "Andy Pearce... Andy Pearce... Andy Andy Pearce..."

Another strong (although not best in any sense) memory was the 7-1 thrashing against Nottingham Forest when from about 3 or 4 nil loads of people in the ground started cheering every Forest goal and singing "Francis Out!".