Northern General Hospital WIFI

I have seen this posted from some years ago, i was just wondering if this was any better now, i wil be in for a week or so from the 16th Jan, and i would like to use ipad, to contact people on skype, or am i still stuck with rip off tv,

thank you

When I was last in there was no WiFi, and the internet access is pathetic that you get on the bundles. In addition when you do get on and try to trawl the net, almost everything is blocked, so waste of time.

good, rather them use the money towards saving lives instead of insuring the hospital has WIFI

Stupid comment. There's a whole lot more to hospital than saving lifes. Yes a number of patients are critically ill & of course its far more important they receive life saving treatment. But for the vast majority its a short stay following something like an accident or surgery. For these people a little TLC & home comforts are all they need. Blow me down with a feather if communication with the outside world is too much to ask for??

I've spent a lot of time there this year visiting, in various wards. I found that I could sometimes get a 3G signal on 3 on my iPad, much less 3G signal on vodafone. I did download TV programmes in iPlayer to watch in the frequent times when my Dad was asleep etc..

Hope this helps.

Stupid comment. There's a whole lot more to hospital than saving lifes. Yes a number of patients are critically ill & of course its far more important they receive life saving treatment. But for the vast majority its a short stay following something like an accident or surgery. For these people a little TLC & home comforts are all they need. Blow me down with a feather if communication with the outside world is too much to ask for??

So, if you were in hospital you would be happy to let the person next to you send video streams to the outside world?

Home comforts are nice but the NHS funds are stretched so the money is better spent on medical care and supplies. The only reason the Children's Hospital has TVs on every bed is because a charity has provided them and it also means those children having to stay for a long time can still be educated through a channel on the TV.

Archived