Castle inn bradway

mickybo7

Enterprise would no doubt love to let a developer have that, gotta pay off some more of that debt somehow...

I think the Castle should be OK for now, should get someone in to run it and it has plenty of potential although Enterprise really need to spend money on stuff like the toilets.

On the other hand it is felt locally the Fleur de Lys at Totley is more likely to be sold off, demolished and have houses built on the land than the major refurbishment proposed on their website... It is also expected the Horns in Holmesfield (another Enterprise Inns pub that is falling down) will go that way too.

Maybe they should have a paragraph from the outgoing tenants too.

Regional Manager's Review:

The Castle Inn offers a fabulous opportunity for an experienced Publican to develop this already established business to the next level. At the heart of the local community, the pub is popular with locals and walkers however; there is substantial scope to develop the traditional home cooked food business in order to attract customers from further afield.

Stephen , Regional Manager

£600pw rent + Business Rates £150 (est) + Gas Elec £100 I suspect bills before staff costs at a grand a week. 4 staff 40hrs pw £1200 with staff circa 2k a week

Hiked beer prices mean you need to sell 5k of beer and food a week, minus VAT = £4100 then minus cost of beer at half £2050 and you have just about broken even.

Open 7 days, £720 a day, or 200 pints. Not a chance unless you can turn it in to a food destination.

(As an example I paid £900 a month for the Devonshire!)

• 1 month later...

The pub is reopening tonight (Friday 11th April) at 6pm with hot pork sandwiches available.

no meals for about a month whilst the kitchen is being refurbished but there should be a reasonable selection of beers.

The lease has now been taken by Tandem Leisure (who also have the Talbot Arms and the Millhouses) and the managers are Craig and Marie Harris.

I'll let you into a little secret about another Enterprise Inns pub in Sheffield.

Pub up in Lodge Moor, the gaffer's handed his notice in. I only hope that Enterprise spend some dosh and start from scratch and totally transform the place.

Not that it matters to me: I've found my dream local down in Ranmoor.

• 2 weeks later...

The pub has been open for just over a week now.

No big changes.

Wednesday quiz is back, free entry.

3 real ales on the bar, currently Castle Rock Harvest Pale, Bradfield Farmers Blonde and Sharps Doom Bar. Discount for CAMRA members.

Also available are the usual lagers, smoothflow bitter and fizzy cider.

They are aiming to launch food service Mayday bank holiday weekend once the kitchen has been refurbished.

Called in for the first time last night and enjoyed 6/7 pints of the Harvest...a blonde ale I cannot remember not because it wasnt any good but I dont usually drink that many....hic!

Great pub, quite a few in for the quiz and a good atmosphere, I will be dropping in as I have a new puppy and they allow dogs in.....bonus