Sandygate Road New Central Road Marking

I queried this with Cycle Sheffield - this from Matt Turner:

"It looks as though the plans have tried to widen the lane in the uphill direction. This is usually a good thing because the speed differential between a cyclist going uphill and a car going uphill will be much larger than the speed differential when going in the downhill opposite direction. With a wider lane, cars will probably overtake cyclists giving more space. There's a little discussion about this in LTN2/08, the Cycle Infrastructure Design document from the DfT, but in the context of cycle lanes."

A number of people have queried this with the council and the work will be reviewed. I think Cycle Sheffield will take a look as well to ensure it works for all road users.

• 4 months later...
Can anyone explain why the new central road marking is not central ?

With cars parking on both sides of the road it means it is impossible to stay inside the central marking if you are coming down the road into Crosspool

it is not a road that I use a lot, but I had to be up and down there on tuesday. I am glad to see this post -- now I can cancel my appointment with specsavers!!