People in History who interest you

I have to confess to a curious interest in Richard III, his loyalty to his brother Edward IV, his disloyalty to his nephews, his ambition, his courage and strength, (his love-life) - which historical people are you interested in?

has to be ancient history for me. all that biblical stuff romans and the likes. wish i'd studied history its so interesting. english history is particularly interesting, with the empire and the such, we're very lucky really to have so much to look back on.

Loads and loads, but probably especially the relations of Louis XIV and the rest of the characters at the Court of the Sun King. Fascinating time in history. Also the vast family connections of Queen Victoria - they provide a marvellous study for anyone interested in genealogy.

For some strange reason, just by chance the individuals I've always been most interested in in history - Minette Duchess of Orleans and youngest daughter of Charles I; Marie-Adelaide of Savoy, Dauphine of France and mother of Louis Quinze; and Zita of Bourbon-Parma, Empress of Austria-Hungary - are descended from each other in that order; and they are all descended from Mary Queen of Scots, Edna! Must be something interesting in the genes! :)

StarSparkle

PS Edna - I can't keep up with all your avatar changes - they just get better and better! :thumbsup:

I have to confess to a curious interest in Richard III, his loyalty to his brother Edward IV, his disloyalty to his nephews, his ambition, his courage and strength, (his love-life) - which historical people are you interested in?

there are reports that his nephews were spirited away to france by their alleged killer, the so called killer never made a confession and was given rewards for serving the crown in other ways,he was only persecuted because of william shakespears impression of him many years after

it is true though that his ancestor killed king rufus in 1100, but this was on behalf of king henry, my intrest lies with these two men as they share the same surname as myself

PS Edna - I can't keep up with all your avatar changes - they just get better and better! :thumbsup:

Tee hee! I know, I got this one from a still from a French tv show. He was talking about Jarvis Cocker!

I love teaching history (I'm my school's history coordinator) and each time you teach an era, you learn more about it for yourself (a lot of Tudor stuff is not suitable for children!)

We are currently learning about the Romans, we made shields and had a Roman army drill last week. :D That's when my job is fun!

Would have to say Joseph Mengele, not everyones choice, but to see inside his terrible mind would be fascinating.

interesting probably get on well with chemical ali if he was around now

Nikola Tesla was a very interesting character http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla

not into royalty thay may ave been a place for them in the past but not now

power to the people

there are reports that his nephews were spirited away to france by their alleged killer, the so called killer never made a confession and was given rewards for serving the crown in other ways,he was only persecuted because of william shakespears impression of him many years after

it is true though that his ancestor killed king rufus in 1100, but this was on behalf of king henry, my intrest lies with these two men as they share the same surname as myself

yes, I believe they went to France as Margaret of Burgundy was the sister of Richard III and Edward IV, and there was talk of a portrait of Richard being altered by painting him with a humpback - so what they used to swing axes about then

Archived