Registrar costs help?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

Im getting married out of Sheffield, as far as I know there are no additional costs imposed by the register office.

The costs of the ceremony etc come from the area you are looking at getting married in, of course if you get married in register office there will be a specific fee but if they have to go out to you the costs seem to vary depending on the registrars office.

Hope this helps

• 1 month later...

we're getting married (civil partnership technically- dont know if there's a price differential) at wentworth castle, so the registrar is from barnsley and i think she said it would be 250 pounds. We have to give notice in sheffield and i understand there's a small fee for that, 40 quid each or summat.

We are getting married at Bolsover castle, so using a registrar from Chesterfield registry office. It cost us £60 (£30 each to give notice of marriage in Sheffield and they said the registra cost should be about £220.

• 7 months later...

Thought I should tag onto this rather than start a new thread.

We have just found the perfect place to get married and have to book the registrar ourselves, we want to get married in Dec 09 but someone has said they are pretty sure you cannot book the registrar more than a year in advance, anyone know if this is true or if it depends on each office?

Archived