Our immigration policy..

Can please we not make this thread about UKIP; there's a risk that it would get assimilated in to the UKIP mega-thread, and I'd really like to understand the ins and outs of this, without it being specifically about any one political party.

---------- Post added 27-12-2014 at 22:19 ----------

No,the discrimination that Waldo describes would still exist under UKIP...........their position remains unchanged...........the only thing that does change is the situation of EU people.........they move to the same discrimination that Waldo describes as now applying to Non EU people.They both do not have the free movement that you describe.

The discrimination I refer to, isn't racial though. It's discrimination on the basis of education, skills, and what a person has to offer the UK economy. I am struggling to understand your position, do you feel there is something wrong with that kind of discrimination?

No,the discrimination that Waldo describes would still exist under UKIP...........their position remains unchanged...........the only thing that does change is the situation of EU people.........they move to the same discrimination that Waldo describes as now applying to Non EU people.They both do not have the free movement that you describe.

That's the general idea everyone discriminated against in the same way.... after our EU exit..

Can please we not make this thread about UKIP; there's a risk that it would get assimilated in to the UKIP mega-thread, and I'd really like to understand the ins and outs of this, without it being specifically about any one political party.

---------- Post added 27-12-2014 at 22:19 ----------

The discrimination I refer to, isn't racial though. It's discrimination on the basis of education, skills, and what a person has to offer the UK economy. I am struggling to understand your position, do you feel there is something wrong with that kind of discrimination?

I never said it was racial,you started talking about UKIP in your posts.Discrimination can take on many forms,as I said,if you don't want open door immigration,leave the EU,UKIP policy does not remove discrimination from non EU people,it moves EU people into the same position that you now describe non EU people...........discriminated against.

---------- Post added 27-12-2014 at 22:26 ----------

That's the general idea everyone discriminated against in the same way.... after our EU exit..

Correct,so UKIP policy does not make non EU people any less discriminated against.

I never said it was racial, you started talking about UKIP in your posts.

I didn't start talking about UKIP, another poster introduced UKIP to the thread, and I responded to / quoted them.

Discrimination can take on many forms,as I said,if you don't want open door immigration,leave the EU,UKIP policy does not remove discrimination from non EU people,it moves EU people into the same position that you now describe non EU people...........discriminated against.

No discrimination means everyone (within the group of non-discriminated against people) is free to enter.

I don't see leaving the EU, and being more discriminatory regarding who we allow in; is at all nefarious. I'm getting the impression that you don't like the idea though, or feel it's wrong or something? However, I could have mis-understood your position.

To me, it sounds like a good idea; though, you have to weigh it up and consider the wider implications of leaving the EU.

I say get out of Europe and tighten the lot up.

To those who quote our 'dependency' on immigration should have more faith in ourselves and our ability to do it alone. Sure it may be tuff short term but being dependant means its always tuff so standing on your own feet as a nation can only be good once the tethers of dependency have been torn.

Its only ever Politicians and the people making money from the cheap labour that scare monger into us sticking to the dependency anyhow because they fear short term failings in the economy, Break the cycle and see that what we can actually do rather than listen to the doom sayers.

I didn't start talking about UKIP, another poster introduced UKIP to the thread, and I responded to / quoted them.

No discrimination means everyone (within the group of non-discriminated against people) is free to enter.

I don't see leaving the EU, and being more discriminatory regarding who we allow in; is at all nefarious. I'm getting the impression that you don't like the idea though, or feel it's wrong or something? However, I could have mis-understood your position.

To me, it sounds like a good idea; though, you have to weigh it up and consider the wider implications of leaving the EU.

Vote to leave the EU,it's not going to affect me whatever happens,so not liking the idea or thinking it's wrong doesn't even come into it for me,you decide.

The current immigration policy and the one before from Labour are racist. They accept unlimited numbers from Europe, mostly white, but make it very difficult for people from the Commonwealth, mostly none white, to come here.

:hihi: spoken like a true UKIPPER!

For example (and I think Australia may do something like this), we could give people a score based on what they have to offer (skills, education, job lined up, etc), we could then accept higher scoring candidates and reject lower scoring ones. I don't see what's wrong with controlling the influx of people in to UK, such that we get more skilled and educated people.

Or is that a bad idea?

That is our immigration policy (for non-EU nationals). It is called the points-based system :

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-visas-and-immigration

If you can find a flaw in the statement though we would be happy to hear it.

And of the 3.8 million people – net, not gross – who came to Britain under Labour, no fewer than 70 per cent were from outside the EU. The notion that immigration is a problem of EU membership just isn’t true.