Jihadi John killed by a drone, he should have been arrested instead

What should have happened to Jihadi John?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. What should have happened to Jihadi John?

• Kill him with a drone strike
    • Arrest him and put him on trial

True but if no one is listening they just bang louder and louder until it can't be ignored :(

can they bang louder?

weve had 9/11, 7/7, charlie hebdo, now this one?

its the security services that need to have money available not the news cos

terrorism only works if people are scared, if they dont see it then they dont terrorise

Exactly.

But the other problem is of course.....money!!

News makes money and as we all know these days money is far far more important than global stability.

So, it becomes a never ending cycle fuelled by greed

Terrorism creates money which then fuels more terrorism which equals yet more money!!

The blind leading the blind!!

Edited by mrcharlie

can they bang louder?

weve had 9/11, 7/7, charlie hebdo, now this one?

its the security services that need to have money available not the news cos

No one listens if we kill 100? Kill a 1,000. No one listens if we kill a 1,000? Kill 10,000. And so on.

No one listens if we kill 100? Kill a 1,000. No one listens if we kill a 1,000? Kill 10,000. And so on.

This is s horrible thread, simply because it's true and people do and will die - all of whom were once a baby in their mothers arms.

Fact is, if terrorism didn't get the Media coverage it so desperately depends upon to survive the might of the worlds military forces would simply wipe terrorism of the face of the earth.

Yes, terrorists are brutal and work by shock tactics - but that is it. Can you seriously imagine these people with their "Borrowed" military hardware going against the sheer might and muscle of western armed forces with all their ultra modern warfare, who out of the media spotlight could unleash a war So utterly destructive that these so called fighters really would wish they'd never been born. Yes IS may frighten civilians, but I'd hazard a guess the armed forces are just itching to get stuck in.

Eventually the penny will drop, the media will be gagged and that will be it - no one will ever know what really happened except for speculations and hushed conversations.

IS has made the same mistake as Hitler made , it's taken on too many countries and they are ALL determined to win!!

Edited by mrcharlie

The poll is quite restrictive because it doesn't look at the wider picture. It should have had 'other' written in, for more votes.

I don't like either option because both are potentially a problem for society when judged from the modern world public eye.

If option C was this - 'Why give this man so much attention?', then I would have clicked it.

Personally, I'm not an attention seeker at all... but if I was, and farther than that still - a ****ing self-obsessed 'dangerous with weapons' lunatic attention seeker, then perhaps I'd start beheading people and posting it on youtube. That seems to get lots of attention!

They'll be queuing up for this martyrdom... oh wait

-

... this guy just happened to be at the front of the queue, he's learned that 9/11 can't be beaten for coverage, so he uses a much easier option.

This has been all over the news today both BBC NEWS and the radio while I was working. Everyone in the world probably knows this guys 'name' now.

This is s horrible thread, simply because it's true and people do and will die - all of whom were once a baby in their mothers arms.

Fact is, if terrorism didn't get the Media coverage it so desperately depends upon to survive the might of the worlds military forces would simply wipe terrorism of the face of the earth.

Yes, terrorists are brutal and work by shock tactics - but that is it. Can you seriously imagine these people with their "Borrowed" military hardware going against the sheer might and muscle of western armed forces with all their ultra modern warfare, who out of the media spotlight could unleash a war So utterly destructive that these so called fighters really would wish they'd never been born. Yes IS may frighten civilians, but I'd hazard a guess the armed forces are just itching to get stuck in.

Eventually the penny will drop, the media will be gagged and that will be it - no one will ever know what really happened except for speculations and hushed conversations.

IS has made the same mistake as Hitler made , it's taken on too many countries and they are ALL determined to win!!

The BIGGEST LIKE IN THE WHOLE DAMN WORLD.....:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I agree that the media and also the governments involved should not be giving out details of the perpetrators identities as that is just putting fuel on the fire. Given the internet age and how easily it is to get information it would be very hard to stop some information from being disclosed. Gagging the media however, is going down a very dangerous route and means you must then trust the governments account of what happened. We have read about Snowden's leaks of government surveillance on the population at large so it now gets down to basics.. trust. The question then is, do you trust your government?

Maggie had complete control of media reporting in the Falklands war and didn't like the disclosure of the Belgrano incident. Bush and Blair hyped up the situation in Iraq with false information so they could go to war and Snowden showed that Governments were spying on its own people.

What is happening now gives governments a greater excuse to control its own people, and that is what I fear.

I agree that the media and also the governments involved should not be giving out details of the perpetrators identities as that is just putting fuel on the fire. Given the internet age and how easily it is to get information it would be very hard to stop some information from being disclosed. Gagging the media however, is going down a very dangerous route and means you must then trust the governments account of what happened. We have read about Snowden's leaks of government surveillance on the population at large so it now gets down to basics.. trust. The question then is, do you trust your government?

Maggie had complete control of media reporting in the Falklands war and didn't like the disclosure of the Belgrano incident. Bush and Blair hyped up the situation in Iraq with false information so they could go to war and Snowden showed that Governments were spying on its own people.

What is happening now gives governments a greater excuse to control its own people, and that is what I fear.

And these governments, particularly France and Germany are going to lurch to the right. It could be a violent lurch to the right.

I suspect Cameron will be negotiating with lepen and someone other than merkel. He'll be the most left wing of the lot and his EU demands are likely to be met if not exceeded.