Big Lorry went through a red light on Penistone Rd

Guest busdriver1

I love watching dash cam footage on youtube, it is one of my favourite sources of entertainment. It just amazes me how many of them work in reverse and show the driver of the car with the dash cam to be at fault. (well over half).

I see it daily, branded lorries, buses, vans - all supposed professional drivers. Nobody respects red lights any more. You dare to rebuke them with lights and horn and you get abuse in return.

And I thought it was only cyclists who did that. After all drivers are tested, insured, taxed etc, so it can't be possible (or so say some on here)

Or just forget about it. Even at a green light I always check the road is clear. Don't just assume. I can't think of the road or speed limit and maybe he wasn't paying much attention, but say he was doing 40mph, a lorry is a hell of a weight to stop, I know it's not the point and he should have slowed down bit you also should look to whether it's the law or not.

Ive had a dash came for one and half years now after a ******** kid ran out in front of me, well he got thrown up the bonnet and on the floor, totally his fault and fortunately the police knew this too, if I'd had a dash can it would have been much quicker.

Edited by jensen1378

Tinsley roundabout is terrible for red light running. I never go immediately there its an accident waiting to happen

It's also very badly marked too. (and the approach markings on the ground and on the signs is very poor when entering from the Meadowhall side)

I always take that roundabout slower in comparison to other roundabouts and with extra caution for these reasons.

Edited by *_ash_*
bolded to make my post clearer