Sheffield immigration and integration

I suppose my wider View (although I'll never get a true picture) is that people from further afield would be more likely to vote out than someone from closer to the city centre. Personally I voted out before anyone questions me and I live in Charnock, not many immigrants up here although I work in the city centre and have family and friends all around south Sheffield and very rarely travel to north Sheffield, when I do travel to north Sheffield though (barring a few areas) I do feel isolated and in the minority as a white male. Pitsmoor,wicker and firth park I class as no go zones for white males alone or in a small group.

---------- Post added 27-06-2016 at 12:41 ----------

Furthermore to my original post, I've seen much integration around meersbrook and heeley I've never felt threatened or isolated around these areas. Do I just feel more comfortable in these areas than pitsmoor/wicker ? That may be the case.

Well said Tim.

For the record, I'd be very happy to live next door to you. As long as you brought some De Molen back from every trip back to the Netherlands :)

I had to google De Molen, never heard of it, I am half British now ;)

I suppose my wider View (although I'll never get a true picture) is that people from further afield would be more likely to vote out than someone from closer to the city centre. Personally I voted out before anyone questions me and I live in Charnock, not many immigrants up here although I work in the city centre and have family and friends all around south Sheffield and very rarely travel to north Sheffield, when I do travel to north Sheffield though (barring a few areas) I do feel isolated and in the minority as a white male. Pitsmoor,wicker and firth park I class as no go zones for white males alone or in a small group.

Why do you class those areas as no go zones? I go to Burngreave and the Wicker all the time on my walks (losing weight, don't ask) and have never had a problem, never felt like I had to worry about me or my personal belongings. Perhaps you ought to open your mind a bit.

I am a white male (and unfortunately look more like a stereotypical little englander knuckle dragger than an erudite xenophile (is that even a word?)).

Are those areas really no go areas? I haven't had any reason to go to Firth Park in the last few years, but have been to the Wicker and Pitsmoor on my own without any concern at all. Are there really any no go areas or is it just a myth?

I am a white male (and unfortunately look more like a stereotypical little englander knuckle dragger than an erudite xenophile (is that even a word?)).

Are those areas really no go areas? I haven't had any reason to go to Firth Park in the last few years, but have been to the Wicker and Pitsmoor on my own without any concern at all. Are there really any no go areas or is it just a myth?

Just a myth. I remember a few years back the thread on Pagehall here exploded. I thought I'd go to find out. Sure, it was messy and there were a lot of people on the street, but I had a chat with several of them and didn't have any issues. A kid came running up behind me, wasn't looking where he was going and ran into me, he apologised profusely.

At Burngreave there is an excellent Egyptian? I think it is Egyptian, Middle Eastern anyway, restaurant. I highly recommend it, great food and a good laugh with the owner guaranteed for a very good price.

Why do you class those areas as no go zones? I go to Burngreave and the Wicker all the time on my walks (losing weight, don't ask) and have never had a problem, never felt like I had to worry about me or my personal belongings. Perhaps you ought to open your mind a bit.

I'm with you there. As the bus from Barnsley to Sheffield goes right past my house I often catch it rather than going into town for the train. And if I want to go up Ecclesall Road or Broomhill I often change over to one of the 80's at Burngreave or the 52 at the Wicker. Same on the way back. Never had a problem in either.

I should've probably added I wouldn't go to these areas in the evenings I've walked along the wicker/pitsmoor during the day I didn't feel comfortable though so I'd certainly not feel comfortable at night. Should areas that appear to the eye predominantly non white/British be allowed? could such a rule be implemented without breaking laws?

My mothers side of the family are from Ireland and my fathers are from Germany.. My mum worked as a sister for over 35yrs in and around Sheffield and my dad a police man.. My grandma has only recently just retired at the age of 84, she's lived here since she was a young child when they came over during WW2 to escape ze germans!! My great grandma, who as soon as the kids were old enough started working and continued to do so up until she was in her early 70's.. both my grandfathers worked as postmen and also worked up until retirement age (unfortunately one dropped dead two weeks after!!)

My dads family lived somewhere near pitsmoor and their next door neighbours were a lovely jamaican family, my grandma still goes to bingo every thursday with the old lady and my dad is life long friends with the son..

My mothers family are a mix of very staunch catholics and hard working men and women who i have never known to not embrace anyone from any walk of life..

My family is full of immigrants and they have paid their dues to be here and to be called british..

They aren't exactly going to show all the normal people though are they??

From why experience the Polish people integrate pretty well and on the whole are very decent.

It's well known in Sheffield though that Page Hall is a total dump, and tensions run quite high there due to immigrants not integrating well.

I have found most immigrants to be friendly but believe me the type that hang around all day in mobs in PAGEHALL THEY ARE HATED if they must gather together WHY can't they do it in there own garden/back yards instead outside shops or all over the pavements and as for the litter don't even go there, also i believe its wrong to tar FIRTH PARK with the same brush ps I though if you didn't have a job within 6mths you had to to leave ????? Thus why it was a massive VOTE OUT IN THESE AREAS :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Edited by nicecraig

I should've probably added I wouldn't go to these areas in the evenings I've walked along the wicker/pitsmoor during the day I didn't feel comfortable though so I'd certainly not feel comfortable at night. Should areas that appear to the eye predominantly non white/British be allowed? could such a rule be implemented without breaking laws?

:(

You are a WUM aren't you?

Maybe the white people are the ones at fault for doing a runner from the areas in the first place, I think it's called white flight. :rolleyes: