Dystopia, It's all too awful

---------- Post added 01-10-2016 at 20:07 ----------

I think blue flames have been around for quite a while actually.

I know but its something that is currently very Sci-fi orientated ATM and associated with Cold Fusion, hence the cool blue colour.

Edited by apelike

You only have to look at the population growth map (pick any, most are the same)

link

Anyone, even someone extremely bad at mathematics can see that this can't continue.

---------- Post added 02-10-2016 at 01:53 ----------

We're doomed, doomed!

2 things come to mind

(just the first few seconds, before the idiot that made it, ruined the clip with a soundtrack!)

:hihi:

Edited by *_ash_*

The World could be totally wonderful for everybody, but money, its acquisition, and the need to wallow in excess seems to be at the bottom of the biggest problems.

A more equitable distribution would bring about a great many benefits to all, particularly those countries that are below a satisfactory worldwide level.

The population you mean?

It can't/it won't.

Yes, I meant the population.

---------- Post added 02-10-2016 at 14:19 ----------

A lot of our optimism does rely heavily on a belief in endless material progression. It's like an article of faith. Every politician agrees on economic growth. in their view it is ,good, necessary,the proper end of organized human activity. It's the engine that drives education and prosperity.

The World could be totally wonderful for everybody, but money, its acquisition, and the need to wallow in excess seems to be at the bottom of the biggest problems.

A more equitable distribution would bring about a great many benefits to all, particularly those countries that are below a satisfactory worldwide level.

So what happens when you divvy up the world's money amongst everyone (in this idealist utopia), and some people want and try to attain more?

And what is excess anyway?

I watched that gangland britian thing on tv the otherweek, and the guys and girls in it were drug dealing because they 'wanted to feed the family innit' - and when it showed what they spent their money on, it was expensive overpriced ****e trainers and tops with labels on innit, feel me? :hihi: