The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

Polling of Brexit voters by the Open Britain campaign shows half are not prepared to be a penny worse off as a result of leaving the EU. That includes 59% in the north; 62% of Labour Leave voters; 46% of Conservative leavers; and even 39% of Ukip voters. Only one in 10 Brexit voters is prepared to lose more than £100 a month.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/dec/10/brexit-must-be-fair-to-working-people-ed-miliband

Polling of Brexit voters by the Open Britain campaign shows half are not prepared to be a penny worse off as a result of leaving the EU. That includes 59% in the north; 62% of Labour Leave voters; 46% of Conservative leavers; and even 39% of Ukip voters. Only one in 10 Brexit voters is prepared to lose more than £100 a month.
Ah, I can now see the basis of the Brexiters' "cake and eating it" school of economics more clearly.

:D

I wasn't aware that your post contained a typo when I quoted it, which mentioned "employment" instead of "unemployment".

Unemployment which, as I1L2T3 informed you in the said "fruit pickers" thread, and as you acknowledge in clear, is actually quite low in the UK:

By all means, try and reduce it further. Means wages, prices and interests all going up. Personally, all good for me :thumbsup:

Still no wiser. :confused:

I am not aware of anyone posting the figures that I expressed and interest in. :huh:

No one seems to be interested in whether interest rates on savings will go up.

That's a good point. Interest rates on savings have been at record low levels for a long time now. At one time retired people could live off the interest earned.

There are winners and losers as a consequence of low interest rates, just as there will be winners and losers after BREXIT. That's life :thumbsup:

I like the bit "half are not prepared to be a penny worse off as a result of leaving the EU".

So what are they going to do, refuse to pay the extra? :)

Do they actually think that they're going to be given any choice in the matter?

LOL, bless! :hihi:

A 20% hike in petrol prices added to sterling’s 15% fall means the cost of living is rising fast. Expect 2% by spring, 3% by next Christmas.
Reminds me of my post #791 of 18 November.

[singsong] There may be trouble a-heaaaad [/singsong]

Edited by L00b
linky to post

Do they actually think that they're going to be given any choice in the matter?

LOL, bless! :hihi:

Reminds me of my post #791 of 18 November.

[singsong] There may be trouble a-heaaaad [/singsong]

Ah another remain prediction. Are we allow to point out when this one comes out completely wrong or will it not count for some reason like so many other doom prediction so far?

Ah another remain prediction. Are we allow to point out when this one comes out completely wrong or will it not count for some reason like so many other doom prediction so far?
You always are, where my posts are concerned..

Same time next year is the timescale, Grauniad says 3%, Cairncross said closer to 5%, I'm with Cairncross.

Feel free to bookmark the page URL.

You can tell me how completely wrong I am, if I am.

And I can point all the jobless, evictees and other starvers discontents to the consequences of your vote (topically for this thread) if I'm right.

Fair enough?