Goth Park Murder last year - thugs found guilty!

Another thing - a lot of the time, i disagree when people say "Blame the parents". But my OH used to play football with one of the killers older brothers, and he said the whole family are scum. Shoplifting, abusive, nasty people.

From BBC News:

Two teenage boys have been jailed for life for the murder of a woman killed because she was dressed as a Goth.

Sophie Lancaster was kicked and stamped to death by Brendan Harris, 15, and Ryan Herbert, 16, in Stubbylee Park in Bacup, Lancashire, last summer.

The pair turned on Miss Lancaster, 20, after she tried to get Harris, Herbert and three other youths to stop attacking her boyfriend, Robert Maltby.

Harris must serve a minimum of 18 years and Herbert, 16 years, the judge said.

Judge Anthony Russell QC, sentencing at Preston Crown Court, said: "This was feral thuggery.

"It raises serious questions about the sort of society which exists in this country at the start of a new millennium which was heralded with such optimism."

In my opinion no sentence is long enough for what they did.

So Brendan Harris gets out of jail when he is 33 and Ryan Herbert when he is 32.

I don't think that's anything like long enough.

So Brendan Harris gets out of jail when he is 33 and Ryan Herbert when he is 32.

I don't think that's anything like long enough.

"Life Sentences".....totally laughable aren't they?

"Life Sentence" really should mean "whole" life for the perpetrators. No "if's", no "buts". :rant:

When you consider the thing on the news the other day where they said that prisons were so comfortable that the inmates dont actually want to leave and people actually break IN to sell drugs, leave the ladder by the perimiter fence and no one tries to use it to escape...

Those little turds are on holiday, being rewarded for killing a girl.

Hey guys, I'm doing work on this case at the moment and wondered if any of you had found much info about 1. The area that they lived in and 2. Background information on the offenders.

It would also be helpful if you could show me links to where it said the parents of the offenders were laughing and joking.

Thanks

-Michael