Re-opening of Portofino (Chesterfield road)

richo99

It's the same owners as before and the same friendly front of house staff. We went last week. It's as good, if not better, than it was before.

Lets hope it gets enough custom to stay open this time, as I missed a decent italian within walking distance.

Oh, and their tomato garlic bread was always second to none IMO.

It's the same owners as before and the same friendly front of house staff. We went last week. It's as good, if not better, than it was before.

Lets hope it gets enough custom to stay open this time, as I missed a decent italian within walking distance.

Oh, and their tomato garlic bread was always second to none IMO.

I was just saying exactly the sam to OH last night!

Might pop along for my Bday on Thursday.

Do you know if they do 'bring your own wine' on week nights any more?

Just phoned up myself... (01142 555655)

- Yes, you can bring your own wine for £2 corkage fee

- They will be up & running doing deliveries like they used to in a couple of weeks.

8)

Cool - will they deliver Pizza + Nice Salad do you know? Been looking for somewhere that will do that for a while.

Cool - will they deliver Pizza + Nice Salad do you know? Been looking for somewhere that will do that for a while.
I'll check what their plan is when I go for dinner on Thursday, but if it's anything like before - then YES :)

They had everything on the restaurant menu available to order... (even the steak dishes etc) and their pizzas were THE BEST! Nice thin authentic italian bases, & really generous with the toppings. Mmmm....

I was SO upset when they shut down!

• 2 weeks later...

Visited last night and it was excellent.

Menu is similar to what it was before but not exactly the same. You can BYO for £2 corkage fee. I had Tiger Prawns starter and the Curry linguine for main which was excellent. My wife had Aubergine and Pizza which was very nice also.

Extras like Garlic bread was not on the menu but we ordered one with our main courses which was excellent.

Thoroughly recommended and we will be going back again.

Archived