Rugby clubs in Sheffield

stoney225

The principal two clubs would be Sheffield Tigers at Dore Moor and Sheffield RUFC at Abbeydale Park, quite close geographically keen rivals. The latter is part of a sporting complex with several sporting clubs.

I'm going back over 30 years but played for Tigers when home as a student.

I was a member at Abbeydale of three other clubs but didn't play rugby. I'd be happy to suggest either and I'd go and check them out.

Just depends which you would like to play Rugby League is played at Hillsborough sports arena. They have a good web site, with all contact details. Abbeydale sports Club is the home of sheffield rugby union. They are a good socilable bunch. I know a few people who play there, the number you can call for a contact number is 0114 2367011 which is abbeydale reception.

• 1 year later...

There are 3 union teams - sheffield oaks, abbydale, Tigers.

Hawkes is the league team and are in Hillsborough.

Abbydale and tigers are quite big clubs and are both on the south side of town and quite far out. I use to play for Abby dale and thought despite being quite organised and having good facilities that I was just another face. I ended up playing for Sheffield Oaks which is on the North side (Malin Bridge/Hillsborough) and quite easy to get to by car and tram. They are quite a bit smaller and not as serious, so you wont get lost in the crowd, but still run a team in the yorkshire 5 league. Their web site is http://www.sheffieldoaks.com and my number is 07886823063 (Stuart).

Good luck!!

Archived