Infamous Balti King

jerryboy

Yo Mates,:P I have been going through these forums and found that BALTI KING seems to have a horrible reputation for Indian Cuisine :mad: or one of the worst Indian restaurants in Sheffield.:o I love Indian food and have been quite regular there(very close to my house ;)) and found the service to be prompt and the food to be quite good:thumbsup: .Got any clue why it has earned a very bad reputation,:huh: because its supposed to be the one of the most popular Indian restaurants in Sheffield.:):huh:

I didnt know it had a bad rep.

I go there a lot and its my fave curry house in sheffield. I even went there for my birthday and they got me a present and a card.

Top class place

I was aware of people on here slagging it off, but I luuurrve it.

We (I) always use it if we're havinig a curry delivered, I'm yet to go for a 'sit-down' meal though - tend to go to the 7spices as it's a bit nearer.

I am quite regular at Balti King for few years and I have found that the food is very good than most of the Indian restaurants. Quick and Prompt service ...The staff is also nice.I have been there with lots of my friends and family too... Fail to understand why the unpopularity?.maybe competitors are not happy with the success of the restaurant.:(

yes its not a bad place and very cheap compared to places on West Street. My only issue is that I DID get food poisoning once, but only once in over 7 years of eating there at least once a month...just an unlucky one I guess...

its by no means the best in Sheffield though, try ELINAS on Sharrow Vale road for the very best experience....their food is the best i have ever tasted in Sheffield, but its double the price of Balti King....

The Balti King have been fined twice for health hygiene offences in the past few years. One of these times they were fined about £10,000. They have also been fined for mouse infestation at the Millenium Takeway nearby which they own. All these breaches of hygiene were reported in the Sheffield Star.

The Balti King have been fined twice for health hygiene offences in the past few years. One of these times they were fined about £10,000. They have also been fined for mouse infestation at the Millenium Takeway nearby which they own. All these breaches of hygiene were reported in the Sheffield Star.

Millenium were in court last year in regards to selling a piece of uncooked chicken to a customer and refusing a refund.

Nice.

I haven't been to Balti King for five years, but when I went, the Korma (a bit gay, I know) I had tasted of salt and unlike any other korma in the land. Plus the meat had what looked like teeth marks in it, hence why I don't go there anymore.

Archived