Sheffield Music Scene - Who are the best bands/artists?

mikey

I really love live music and I am looking for some new local talent to go and see.

Who's your favourite?

Seen "The Moon" a few times, great band.

Like "Boy on a Dolphin", being around years pity they have never made the big time.

The Classic Rock Bar (formerly the Jolly Buffer) on Ecclesall Rd has live bands on most nights of the week.

Every Monday is Open Mic musician night for anyone to get up and have a go. From beginners to experienced guitarists. The pub has guitars, a keyboard and a drum kit so anyone can play.

Lots of local bands play throughout the week.

This week you can see Crowley Dead on Friday, DO$CH on Saturday and there's an Air Guitar Competition on Sunday. Loads more entertainment and live stuff going on. All free to get in (apart from Frank White on 12 Feb which is £4 but he's worth seeing!) and there's a really friendly atmosphere - worth a visit!

• 3 weeks later...

A good band who are up and coming nationally who are based in Sheffield are Ashbury. Their sound is like a cross between Portishead and Massive Attack. The female voacalist is amazing. I ve got one of their albums "a dream indoors" absolutly stunning! :D

Archived