Sheffield constituencies- changes proposed

t020

Originally posted by t020

Your thoughts please? ;)

No map provided, so I've thrown one together at http://www.mdfs.net/User/JGH/Docs/Politics/ParlReview/per1.htm

The figure for East Ecclesfield is wrong. BC quote 10,665; it should be 14,193-ish.

Penistone - looks sensible and logical

South-East - looks sensible and logical

Brightside/Hallam/Heeley/Central - eh? Hmmm. Let's spread across these huge valleys...

I'll be putting together a submission, like I did with the Local Review. Consultation only runs for six weeks! Closes on 29th October.

--

JGH

I don't think that many of us who live there really care about that much.

Can't see it making a difference to which MP gets in, but I can see the Conservatives getting further and further away from regaining the seat once Stannington is included.

The Hallam seat looks safe for Nick Clegg and the Lib-Dems.

I don't see any differences... MPs will still vaguely do their job...

One thing strikes me though:

SHEFFIELD, BRIGHTSIDE AND HILLSBOROUGH - Burngreave, Firth Park, Hillsborough, Shiregreen and Brightside, Southey.

SHEFFIELD CENTRAL - Broomhill, Central, Crookes, Nether Edge, Walkley.

SHEFFIELD, HALLAM - Beauchief and Greenhill, Dore and Totley, Ecclesall, Fulwood, Stannington.

SHEFFIELD, HEELEY - Arbourthorne, Darnall, Gleadless Valley, Graves Park, Manor Castle.

SHEFFIELD SOUTH EAST - Beighton, Birley, Mosborough, Richmond, Woodhouse.

There are aprts of Sheffield missing ! What if you live in Sheffield but aren't in tha tlist of area, does that mean they won't let you vote anymore ;) (lol) ?

:loopy:

Well, all of Bradway is still in Sheffield Hallam... Hallam looks unchanged actually.

The issue in Bradway is the council wards rather than the MP constituncies. Bradway has 2 councillors - Upper Bradway has been hived off into Greenhill & Beachief ward, with the rest of Bradway in Dore & Totley ward. This has resulted in the council's area panel arranging a meeting that involved the Bradway action group to discuss Bradway issues, but only inviting those residents that fall into the Dore & Totley bit - those Bradway residents in the Greenhill & Beachief bit were not invited.

I'm sure some faceless person in whitehall just shut his eyes and drew a line on the map, judging by the total disregard shown for the communities involved.

Captain_s, the ones missing are Stocksbridge, East Ecclesfield and West Ecclesfield which will be going into the new Pensitone & Stocksbridge County Constituency together with wards which are currently in Barnsley.

Andy, Hallam gains Stannington but loses Broomhill and Crookes.

Archived