The Chinese Buffets in Sheffield thread- all discussion in here please

clogginchris

Definitely Jumbo - went to No. 1 on a Sunday once and it was rubbish. As you say, the food wasn't as good or varied as normal and the staff were very rude - they made it very clear they wanted us to eat up so they could go home. This was at 9pm, they're supposed to be open til 10.30!

.... on a Sunday night? Both (Jumbo and No1 Oriental) have a reduced price on a Sunday evening, I presume this means the menu is not as good. Anyone been to both who could advise which one to choose?

I always presumed that they lower the price slightly at less busy times to attract more customers. I've eaten there on a Saturday & at quieter times when it's slightly cheaper & didn't notice any difference in the standard of the food.

No.1 is ok but not so good if you are a veggie & it's a bit like eating in a school dining hall.

Originally posted by Siân

I always presumed that they lower the price slightly at less busy times to attract more customers. I've eaten there on a Saturday & at quieter times when it's slightly cheaper & didn't notice any difference in the standard of the food.

I used to go to No.1 a lot, the food definitely changes when it's different prices. And on Sunday its definitely below par - spaghetti hoops and sausage rolls are not good chinese food!

Originally posted by Fantomas

I used to go to No.1 a lot, the food definitely changes when it's different prices. And on Sunday its definitely below par - spaghetti hoops and sausage rolls are not good chinese food!

Sure you hadn't wandered into a childrens birthday party by mistake? Was there jelly and ice cream for pud?

Originally posted by clogginchris

Thanks everyone - I've booked for Jumbo, so I'll let you know what it was like. I phoned No 1 and asked what the difference in menu choices was on a Sunday night and was told "no crispy duck, sausage rolls instead..."

I wasn't kidding! And yes, Andy C, there was jelly and ice cream for pud!

Archived