Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

andyb

Ok, hot debate time, what and where is the best chippy in Sheffield, chips have to be cooked in dripping or lard and they have to sell big white bread cakes covered in flour.

I think the best is Johns in Stocksbridge.

Tip for all you Sheffield travellers- Don't ask for a fishcake in Chesterfield and expect a Sheffield fishcake (fish sandwiched between two slices of potatoe, then batered) as you'll get a Ross type thing (mashed tater, parsley with a fishy taste) But if you ask for a fish fritter you'll get the real Sheffield thing. In Nottingham you'll get Rossy thing whatever you ask for!

Couldn't take the pace so came back here to find local chippy shut and real shortage of fishcakes with no delivery facility!

The best Chippy? The Baracuda on City Road. No question. My tubby gut is at least 50% the fault of their chips and battered sausage!!

Mmmmmm......chips and sausage. Dammit, why are there no Fish and Chip shops in Calgary??? :x

Originally posted by "cellarboy"

The best Chippy? The Baracuda on City Road. No question. My tubby gut is at least 50% the fault of their chips and battered sausage!!

Mmmmmm......chips and sausage. Dammit, why are there no Fish and Chip shops in Calgary??? :x

i think your closest F&C shop is in Epcot....Florida! :D (bit too far to travel me thinks ;))