RTC Halifax Road evening of 6/3/10

There has been a very nasty accident on Halifax Rd ,4 cars involved.The road is shut off from Doe Royd Rd /Lyminster Rd to Wilcox Rd.

It is believed that there has been a fatality.If possible you should avoid this area

Me and two of my friends arrived on the scene a few minutes after the accident happened. It looks as though some kid was flooring his powerful Honda Civic type R up Halifax and had hit a Micra pullling off of Limeminster. i couldn't possibly tell if it was a fatality but was pretty obvious the Honda must've been doing some speed due to the distance of the Micra from the place of impact and also the damage to the car itself.

The Micra had one occupant, a female middle aged/elderly woman.

Hopefully she'll be alright i'll certainly have my fingers crossed and be thinking about her.

I wish people would kill their speed and not others. I get so scared when people are speeding when me and my girl are in my granddads car as you never know which people will speed up at any time. I really hope we never have a crash.

Archived