Roberto Di Matteo - Next Blades manager?

BLADES-EELA

Why's that, he's been in touch with the club , Kevin Mccabe revealed, declaring his interest

Yeah the major stumbling block would have been whether he wanted to come here and he's said he has. Maybe he'd change his mind after discussing it if he found the resources etc. weren't up to what he wanted but he's a big possibility now.

He's got a good record and although West Brom sacked him they openly admitted it was partly to do with their past performances in the Prem with other managers. They'd kept faith with them but then gone down and decided to try a different approach this time. Admittedly it's worked for them but Di Matteo wasn't a disaster for them in the Prem. He's a good manager and should be able to attract players to play for (maybe not next season but in the future). I hope we get him.

Why's that, he's been in touch with the club , Kevin Mccabe revealed, declaring his interest

Because we are Sheffield United! We're not that lucky. Plus:

1. We always go with the cheapest option

2. We sack managers at the drop of a hat lately, he'd have to be a mug to come to us.

I personally would love him to see him at the Lane but what have we got to offer him? No money, no prospects. It's just dire at the moment, I see no light at the end of the tunnel :(

Because we are Sheffield United! We're not that lucky. Plus:

1. We always go with the cheapest option

2. We sack managers at the drop of a hat lately, he'd have to be a mug to come to us.

I personally would love him to see him at the Lane but what have we got to offer him? No money, no prospects. It's just dire at the moment, I see no light at the end of the tunnel :(

We'll have to see what happens. He's openly declared his interest and is going to have a fairly good idea of the situation we are in so he looks a far more likely candidate than he did yesterday.

Archived