Will other countries be sending money to our flood victims ?

Well, no. Most can afford insurance or the state will assist in some capacity. I dont recall money hurtling towards Japan after a thwacking great tsunami (although rescue teams did go). Dont recall money going to america either, and their floods were ever so slightly worse. When large portions of Bangladesh get washed away lots of people die and are made homeless. Then disease kicks in.

In this country, mainly a few hundred households get their carpet wet and a few caravans get washed away.

We have the infrastructure to cope and to ensure that negative consequences are kept to a minimum so a comparison with the developing world is unfair.

It is more than unfair.

I'd say it was ridiculous, insensetive and a touch provocative.

I somehow dont think so !:roll:

Why should they give us money when we can fritter hundreds of billions away on a replacement for Trident submarines? :huh:

We aren't poor. The government just threw away £75million on an election that nobody wanted so why should other countries give us charity?

Why should they give us money when we can fritter hundreds of billions away on a replacement for Trident submarines? :huh:

We aren't poor. The government just threw away £75million on an election that nobody wanted so why should other countries give us charity?

You could argue we shouldn't give money to Pakistan as they have nuclear weapons. We give them money flood/earthquake or nothing.

Archived