Hong Kong Wok, London Road - Anyone been?

verona

Hong Kong Wok is a new restaurant on London Road and used to be the old Vietnemese Noodle Bar. I'm thinking of giving it a try and just wondered if anyone had been and your thoughts? They have a website but it's not up and running yet.

Cheers

Well I decided to chance it and I went last night. I have to say the food it was very nice. I had the three roasties with noodles. It consists of roast pork, roast duck and char sui all piled on top of a mountain of noodles and served in a large square bowl. We didn't bother with starters but they all looked nice. For three of us it came to £23 including complimentary ice cream.

They haven't got a drinks licence yet so It's take your own.

• 1 month later...

Went to Hong Kong Wok one lunchtime...nice food but humongous portions (although my chilli beef fried rice didn't have much chilli in it)...far too much for lunchtime in my opinion..though good, friendly service.

Thai Punna: been there a couple of times - brilliant food, the best on the road I think..the tamarind dipping sauce with the starters is amazing..as was everything else I've drooled my way through.

I do wish someone would open an Indonesian though - my absolute favourite food :) Y.U.M.

Well I decided to chance it and I went last night. I have to say the food it was very nice. I had the three roasties with noodles. It consists of roast pork, roast duck and char sui all piled on top of a mountain of noodles and served in a large square bowl. We didn't bother with starters but they all looked nice. For three of us it came to £23 including complimentary ice cream.

They haven't got a drinks licence yet so It's take your own.

Amazing, you know the term "char sui"!!! I am from Hong Kong and will be moving to Sheffield next month. Will tell u guys whether it's really selling traditional Hong Kong Food...

Nice to meet you all :P

Archived