Ju Jitsu/Kobu Jitsu in Sheffield

nmaa

Just for information there's a club in sheffield that teaches Ju Jitsu and Kobu Jitsu. The main club is at the Victoria Hall but there's a satellite club at Clifford school on Psalter Lane.

The main instructor is a 6th Dan Jitsu and 4th Dan Kobu Jitsu. There's also a 4th Dan jitsu and about 7 other main instructors at various levels.

We teach 10 weapons in all including Bo, Jo, Yawari stick, Tanbo, Naginate, Kama, Tonfa, Nunchaku, Sai and Katana. There's also the possibillity of learning Hojo Jitsu too.

All beginners and experienced martial artists are welcome. The training is suited to each persons individual standard.

It's pay as you train and there are 4 sessions available. Tuesday. Thursday and Sunday at the Victoria Hall and Saturdays at Clifford school.

There are gradings every 3 months

Why don't you pop down and have a chat???

I trained at the club on Tuesday night. Very welcoming group with a very high skill/instruction level. Can`t say more than that !!:thumbsup:

You try a lot of clubs out dont you Zaitoichi?

Great stuff, hopefully see you at AFK one day :) Would be interesting to meet you following our little chat.

The way I found it was to park up in the town center, as close to the theatres as possible and walk to the Crucible theatre. Victoria Hall is the Church/Hall directly opposite.On Sundays entry is through the front door and up the stairs, Tue and Thur it is round the side. There is a multi-storey car park at the back of the Crucible but at £3.50 for 2hrs it makes it expensive.

I have yet to find the ideal place to park !

I only train on the weapons side and as I mentioned above the tuition was of a high standard. The Ju Jitsu training wich runs at the same time seemrd to be of an equally good standard.

Hope this helps.

I attend the club on a regular basis and have always managed to get a free parking space on the streets around Victoria Hall.

As long as you get there a a few minutes before the start time you will almost always get a spot.

So don't let the parking put you off....

Archived