Housing Benefit to be reduced up to 25% but no Mansion Tax for the rich.

This can't be true. 25 percent?? No way.

Scan & post a photo of the letter.

I wish I had a scaner but don't have one. The 25% is for two or more bedrooms. This will cause mass homeless time for this government to be shown the door.

This can't be true. 25 percent?? No way.

Scan & post a photo of the letter.

From...http://www.housing.org.uk/policy/welfare_reform/bedroom_tax.aspx

The cut will be a fixed percentage of the Housing Benefit eligible rent. The Government has said that this will be set at 14% for one extra bedroom and 25% for two or more extra bedrooms.

The Government’s impact assessment shows that those affected will lose an average of £14 a week. Housing association tenants are expected to lose £16 a week on average.

Had a letter this morning about the cuts to Housing Benefit. 14% for one bedrooms 25% for two or more bedrooms. From 1 April 2013 comes into forces and the fun and games start.

Shame you weren't born rich like Dave, Gideon and Nick!

What I find strange is it repeatedly refers to the social housing sector but not to private housing. Surely the cuts will apply to both claimants??

It would be grossly unfair to drop the housing benefit of the under- occupied in social housing but not in private rented??

Archived