Microsoft phone calls

merseyman

I have just received 2 phone calls from Indian gentlemen stating they are from microsoft and that the are responding to an error report I sent. They state that in 2 days my computer will freeze because of a virus that has been put into my computer.

Two questions:

1. has anyone had this before, the last error report was months ago.

2. I have never gave microsoft my telephone number.

Needless to say I acted on the side of caution, I hung up. What bothered me though was they seemed very impatient, when I would not cooperate with them.

Any thoughts or am I being over cautious.

cheers

I assume at some point in the conversation they would have tried to get information that would let them take money from you. I can't imagine Microsoft would have got your number without you giving it to them, and I don't think they would cold call people like this about error reports.

ive had loads of people call me pretending to be microsoft and telling me that my windows computer is infected with a virus, they are trying to get you to buy some low range anti virus.

They are annoying but its fun to wind them up and leave them biting for a while.

• 4 weeks later...

SCAM SCAM SCAM!!!!! I have had this phone call before. You have to give them credit for how they set you up though.

Everyone's PC crashes and sends an error report now and then and these guys seem to be offering the solution to all your PC problems. They must get loads of people who believe them and hand over their details.

Archived