Motor car - do you remember your first one?

Mine was in 1967 but the car was a little older it was a 1953 Morris Minor split windscreen(Black). It was like a tank to drive. The car did not get very warm very fast. Followed by a custard yellow Ford Anglia 105E.

Originally posted by desy

Mine was in 1967 but the car was a little older it was a 1953 Morris Minor split windscreen(Black). It was like a tank to drive. The car did not get very warm very fast. Followed by a custard yellow Ford Anglia 105E.

Our first proper car was a Triumph 1500 in custard yellow. Paid £600 for it complete with rust and bodyfiller in 1977, traded my Plastic pig in for it (bad move). Constantly replaced donought drive shaft thingys and drive shaft boots. Brake discs shatttered, Clutch disintegrated half way up Whiston Hill. Rust replicated itself across whole of car quicker than the spread of bubonic plague. Never passed an MOT first time. Finally drove it into the back of a Triumph 2000 at 30 mph at which his towbar punctured the radiator and both wings fell off. Best thing that could have happened to it. Never bought another BL car again.

Originally posted by desy

JUst for interest when I passed my test I was going down Hollins Lane at Stannington and the brakes went I managed to pump it enough to help me slow down as I crashed through the gears. When I got home the brake cylinder that was aluminium and under the drivers floor pan had split straight down the seem.

If you can call it a car...Mine was a "Reliant supervan three" an upgrade on "Dell Boys" car..I only bought it because I had a motorbike license,and I was told i could class it as a three wheeler combo..

But a Policeman in Durham told me this wasn't so..Does anyone know if this is correct or not ????.

Originally posted by Timbuck

If you can call it a car...Mine was a "Reliant supervan three" an upgrade on "Dell Boys" car..I only bought it because I had a motorbike license,and I was told i could class it as a three wheeler combo..

But a Policeman in Durham told me this wasn't so..Does anyone know if this is correct or not ????.

The policeman was wrong, You can drive a three wheeler on a full MC Licence. I had mine for three years and my old man was a copper so I think he would have told me.

I think if you look at your licence it should state that you can drive 3 wheelers.