The Ocelot Cafe

zeke

Does anyone remember The Ocelot Cafe?

The alternate name was Felis Pardalis.

It was near Bramall Lane and they made cooked the best rare steaks in Sheffield.

Pete Stringfellow was always in there.

Certainly do! Used to go there a lot in the 60"s, got a "pass-out" from the all-nighters at the Esquire Club(now the Leadmill) and used to congregate in the Ocelot.

Also had many happy times in the Roman Rooms just off Church Street, near Orchard Square. Once saw the Rolling Stones in there when they were appearing at the City Hall.

Happy times!!!

• 9 months later...

I worked there in the early 70.s.It was very popular.There werea couple of waitresses who were very nice.Unfortunately I cant be sure of their names now,I think one was Jocie,her husband Mick had TR2.The head chef was called Nelson.No doubt I will remember more in due course!

I worked at La FavoritaIt was run by a guy called Paul Sannan.His brother in law was Raj Kooler & he ran The Ajanta next door.We shared the same kitchen.I used to frequent The Ocelot late at night.I beleive the owners also had a hotel at Nether Edge.

Archived