Antisocial behaviour in pagehall sheffield

Fed-up residents say constant violence and nuisance noise in their community has left them at the ‘end of their tether’.

Problems in the Page Hall area of Sheffield are continuing to make householders’ lives a misery despite a dispersal order – where groups of people causing anti-social behaviour can be broken up – being issued by police.

Some members of the migrant Slovakian community are ignoring the order, said dad Paul Downend.

Retail manager Paul, of Firth Park Road, said: “Only this morning there was a fight between 12 Roma Slovaks outside the house and I had to phone 999,

“When police come and disperse them, 10 minutes later they are standing on the street making a disturbance again.

“Since the order came in I have called the 101 number at least 10 times.

“My family have lived in the area since the 1800s and we have seen it go downhill. I choose to live here because I like the diversity.

“Now my wife doesn’t like going to the corner shop and when my son goes out I make sure he texts me when he gets off the bus.

“We’re afraid of what’s happening because there has been violence between groups.”

Police have increased patrols as well as making dispersals in the area. Sheffield Council and other organisations are also working on ‘long-term solutions’.

Paul said the local Pakistani Advice Centre was also trying to help but that services were still playing ‘catch-up’.

He added: “I think there is a need for hard-core education, getting the community together and saying this is not acceptable behaviour.

“I have every backing for the police and people at the advice centre who are really trying – but we are getting to the end of our tether,”

Inspector Simon Leake, from the police North East Safer Neighbourhood Team, said: “We are making dispersals where the law allows and have increased our visibility in the area. I am personally in touch with some people affected by anti-social behaviour and am providing them with support and feedback wherever possible.

“I would always urge the public to contact the police on 101 about any concerns or issues.

“We want residents to feel safe in their communities and we have and will continue to take robust action against anyone involved in anti-social behaviour.”

my opinon is this aint good enough some sort of drastic action should be made.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/sheffield-residents-fears-after-more-tensions-on-streets-1-6004671

Maybe people should have a look at other areas of the city and the number of anti social behaviour incidents before playing the race blame game.

http://www.crime-statistics.co.uk/postcode/

195 anti social behaviour incidents alone in Woodhouse in July, and I think its fair to say Woodhouse is a majority white area.

I don't live in Page Hall either :)

That said, I have great sympathy for anybody stuck in Page Hall.

Britain joined the EU in 1973 when Conservative Prime Minister Edward Heath signed our sovereignty away. Yes, you read that right, O Ye Faithful Johnny-Foreigner-Hating Right Wingers, it was the Tories wotdunnit.

I can perhaps forgive Sir Edward Heath in that he signed the paperwork on the understanding that Britain, Germany and France were the economic powerhouses of Europe and easier trading links between them would be in all our benefits.

I wonder what he'd say about the Eastern European nations such as Slovakia and Romania wanting to invade us join up?

Maybe people should have a look at other areas of the city and the number of anti social behaviour incidents before playing the race blame game.

195 anti social behaviour incidents alone in Woodhouse in July, and I think its fair to say Woodhouse is a majority white area.

Thank god for you alchresearch, some sanity on a crazy thread.

Nobody here is supporting the people causing the difficulties in Page Hall, nor disputing their ethnic origin, however the tendency to associate such behaviour with certain groups because of their ethnicity is almost overwhelming on this forum.

I regularly used to drive through Hillsborough Corner at the weekend in the evenings, cars having to stop because of drunks strolling in the road and being abusive and challenging in the street. London Road is little better on match days and the miscreants there are usually the disenfranchised fans of my beloved United.

im sure those areas dont have gathering crowds hanging around shops etc kids playing near dangerous roads dont they have better things to do than to cause trouble for people.

I don't live in Page Hall either :)

That said, I have great sympathy for anybody stuck in Page Hall.

Totally agree Jason Bourne. I used to live in Page Hall in the late 60's (2nd generation immigrant), even though there wasn't the level of public anti-social problems you see now, my family were well motivated to move away and improve their lot. Immigrants are attracted to areas like Page Hall because the housings cheap and they find affiliation with members of their ethnic groups which is understandable if you're a newcomer.

Page Hall will always attract immigrants, but their ethnicity changes over time as people develop and integrate into society. I think when I first joined this forum it was Asians who were highlighted for causing the problems, now it seems to be East Europeans..they're Asian neighbours are all moving to Millhouses ;)

---------- Post added 02-09-2013 at 15:31 ----------

im sure those areas dont have gathering crowds hanging around shops etc kids playing near dangerous roads dont they have better things to do than to cause trouble for people.

They absolutely do have those features, in fact most impoverished areas of Sheffield do, take a walk through Shiregreen, Parson Cross, Burngreave, Manor, Broomhall, Darnall etc etc..the common theme isn't ethnicity.

---------- Post added 02-09-2013 at 15:34 ----------

First , I don't live in Page Hall .

As for cheap labour , you are having a laugh because the majority of these Eastern Europeans are not working at all because they are too busy getting ****** on lethal booze to do any work . Then they rob the hard working people of the things they have bought with their hard earned cash . So don't mention cheap labour , or any labour where they are concerned.

Just waiting for that urchin Roman Abramovich to be found out for what he really is :hihi:

No there isn't large crowds, but there is St Anne's which is a hostel, for drunks and druggies, until police stopped them drinking around and in the village in groups, not seen as much trouble.

Oh they do, and they have done around the village square for decades.

Ditto Stradbroke shops, Richmond shops, Woodthorpe shops - white chavs dressed in black.

There is wider concern than just anti-social behaviour here; for generations now in Britain people have campaigned against racism, for women's rights, gay rights, and also in more recent times anti-social behaviour and littering, all with great success. In Britain today, not being racist, bigoted, homophobic, misogynistic, violent and a litter bug is now the norm.

What places like Pagehall are experiencing now though is a community of quite recent arrivals which have not been subjected to the above, shall we say "social refining" that the indigenous and established immigrant communities of Britain/Sheffield have been, hence the problems Pagehall is now having.

I've noticed on the news recently lots of fresh campaigns against homophobia and abusing women etc; what the campaign groups dare not say is that it is mainly the large and growing Bulgarian/Romanian/Slovakian etc, communities (in which there is a lot of "traditional social attitudes") that these refresher campaigns are aimed at. Aiming an ant littering campaign at them would be a good idea.

Archived