Family outgrow Sheffield council house (Panorama - 4 May 2011)

Rony Robinson this morning talking to a BBC reporter about the Panorama programme tonight.

It's about a family of 9 living in a 3 bed Sheffield council house complaining that the council won't give them a bigger one.

Apart from the mother, no mention of a father, they are aged 21 down to an 18 month old baby. 6 of them are hers, then a niece and a couple of others.

Why should council tenants expect that if they outgrow a house the council should have a duty to find somewhere bigger for them?

The rest of us, non council tenants, have to find somewhere ourselves, either to rent or buy, and pay a load of council tax as well.

If people want families that big they should be able to provide housing for themsleves and not rely on handouts, unfortunatley it seems alot of people pop the kids out to get their mansion council houses and can live a life on benefits without having to do a days work.

Makes me sick, lowlife scrounging scum.

If people want families that big they should be able to provide housing for themsleves and not rely on handouts, unfortunatley it seems alot of people pop the kids out to get their mansion council houses and can live a life on benefits without having to do a days work.

Makes me sick, lowlife scrounging scum.

A tad judgemental. Do you know all the circumstances? Would you stop poor people from breeding? Leave them on the streets to beg? Provide compulsory sterilisation?

Just asking.

a tad judgemental. Do you know all the circumstances? Would you stop poor people from breeding? Leave them on the streets to beg? Provide compulsory sterilisation?

Just asking.

no.

Yes:d

yes:d

yes:d

A tad judgemental. Do you know all the circumstances? Would you stop poor people from breeding? Leave them on the streets to beg? Provide compulsory sterilisation?

Just asking.

No I dont know any of the circumstances but I bet my guess isnt far wrong.

If people cant afford kids they should really think about it before having unprotected sex, instead of relying on other people providing for them.

No I dont know any of the circumstances but I bet my guess isnt far wrong.

If people cant afford kids they should really think about it before having unprotected sex, instead of relying on other people providing for them.

Well said Jermemy Kyle!,

"Now get off my stage you scrounging scumbags!"

:D

Just asking.

No, I would do none of the above, but I do agree with Bloomdido that no one has a right to expect to be upgraded to a larger council house because they have too many children.

That's what contraception is for, and taking personal responsibility.

I had a 3 hour filmed & recorded interview by panorama a few week ago , but to be told my part would not be in the show as my story was to much of a praise for the council bidding system and not dirty enough in so many words , From what i have been told its not just about overcrowding properties its also about people renting houses out when they own others aswell , and i hear a bent copper takes most of the show up !!!!!!!!!! .

Archived