The Plough, Sandygate Road

Ade65

Went tonight with a few friends as they have just - tonight - started serving food again.

It was lovely;nice menu which has enough choices to enjoy but not so many the chef doesn't know what they're doing. Fresh food and friendly service.

I had Steak & Ale Pie - nice crust, and a really rich gravy inside with big chunks of meat. I'll be going back to eat again and it's well worth a visit for anyone in that neck of the woods.

What a god-awful website. Couldn't get it to work at all in one browser, switched to Internet Explorer and was presented straight-away with a script error. All for the sake of a dire Flash menu system.

Anyway, putting that aside didn't the Plough have a relaunch not all that long ago? I seem to remember venturing up there a year or so ago to check out the newly relaunched food menu which was pretty good, did that all fall through?

Archived