Pyjama Jump - What memories do you have of it?

jackieb

Does anyone have any memories of the Pyjama Jump? I was 'lucky' enough to experience one in 1989. One of the most memorable nights of my life if only for the most dubious of reasons. Hoards of half dressed drunk students cluttering Sheffield's streets and pubs, indulging in acts of debauchery, waking up in police cells.....

Was this event unique to Sheffield?

I went on three Pyjama Jumps - far too long ago to remember all the details! There was a fair amount of drunkenness - and a little debauchery, but not as much as The Daily Express et al made out (or not as much as I wodul have liked??)

I did know someone who kept going on them well after he graduated. I think he managed to go on about 12 in successive years?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I 'got off' with my future wife, now divorced at the pyjama jump, when I was in the second year at Sheffield University, 1988 it must have been. I think that was the year The Sun or one of the tabloids published photos of rumpy-pumpy going on, I believe on/under the pool table in the Fiesta Night club or some such establishment.

• 2 years later...

Memories of Pyjama jump. I remember walking into the Notty in the early evening. That's about it. I did do some chick as soon as I walked into the club (wish I knew the name) at the table in front of which table the bouncers were standing. We moved it upstairs and at one point some guy was petending to mount me also. Sorry not into that! People were screwing all around the edge of the club and under the table we were sitting at. I think the pool table incident caught by newspaper reporters was at the Student union. I was there 1982 to 85 and it was in 84 I believe. You could point a camera pretty much anywhere and get some fornicating. If I could get laid every yeasr, you could pretty much guarantee that most everybody was getting some.

Gonzophaleas ya Phucker

• 2 weeks later...

Archived