Ridiculous rape laws...

.....has the world gone mad, ive just read in the Daily Mail that a man has got away with rape BECAUSE SHE WAS DRUNK!

The judge let the lad off after admitting she was asleep when he raped her after a booze fueled night. So if a girls drunk and you decide to rape her its A-O.K nowadays.

SICKERNING. Ive honestly lost all faith in the law. Its discusting how such chargers can be droped!

If thats true then theres gonna be uproar about it, thats just plain ridiculous, sending absolutely wrong message out to guys, its like saying females shouldnt be allowed to get drunk because they can be raped and not do anything about it i wish id not read this now, my bloods boiling:rant:

.....has the world gone mad, ive just read in the Daily Mail that a man has got away with rape BECAUSE SHE WAS DRUNK!

The judge let the lad off after admitting she was asleep when he raped her after a booze fueled night. So if a girls drunk and you decide to rape her its A-O.K nowadays.

SICKERNING. Ive honestly lost all faith in the law. Its discusting how such chargers can be droped!

?????????? why is this sickening to you?? women do this and ruin mens lives because they cry wolf..

if you read the story in full instead of putting the main headline on this forum you'd see where the judge is coming from!!

Its a very difficult one to call - the problem is that in law, someone is innocent until proven guilty - its very difficult to conclusively prove that someone was or wasn't capable of consent...

edit: And without wishing to cast aspersions, she said she was asleep - I've had nights before when I can't remember what happened, or something seemed like a fantastic idea and then turned into a nightmare the next day. Can you prove beyond reasonable doubt that her version of events is completely correct?

(and this is more of a general comment than a personal one)

I agree completely, but if so this is a horrible case. She said she remembed throwing up and then waking up to have him raping her. What a scar on her life if this was not by choice. You could be right Blade.

I was going to ask for a link as well. Thanks Kittenta.

I know that topics such as rape has been discussed before, and the more I realise of how the law works, the more I am sickened by it as well.

The law seems to imply that adults should take responsibility, but what if on a moment of vulnerability and the woman is rational in her thought, and romantic feelings are not within her mind. What does that mean? She has to endure the hurt and pain that she goes through at that moment in time?

I don't think the law truly caters for the emotional trauma that a woman goes through.

Its a very difficult one to call - the problem is that in law, someone is innocent until proven guilty - its very difficult to conclusively prove that someone was or wasn't capable of consent...

edit: And without wishing to cast aspersions, she said she was asleep - I've had nights before when I can't remember what happened, or something seemed like a fantastic idea and then turned into a nightmare the next day. Can you prove beyond reasonable doubt that her version of events is completely correct?

(and this is more of a general comment than a personal one)

Can you prove that the man was rational and actually was making love with the woman and not just having sex with the woman? Can you prove that he was aware of what he was doing and made sure that his partner enjoyed it, and it was not painful for her?

I'm sorry to sound so crass, but it seriously sickens me. Truly. It does.

If I don't believe that men can disassociate sex with love making, then I wouldn't have found this to be so crass. His actions are not justified at all.

Can you prove that the man was rational and actually was making love with the woman and not just having sex with a woman? Can you prove that he was aware of what he was doing and made sure that his partner enjoyed it, and it was not painful for her?

No, but as I said the purpose of the law is to presume innocence until guilt can be proven. To prove the guilt you would have to prove that a criminal act has been carried out.

I'm not looking at it from a personal point of view, and I wouldn't dream of dismissing the emotional and physical torment and distress that rape can cause someone, but from a logical point of view (and certainly in the culture of one-night stands) to presume guilt would cause more problems than it solves.

Archived