Recomendations for Vegetarian / Vegan Restaurants

Nanimo

Just wondering if there are any restaurants that have a good reputation for doing good food that cater pretty well to vegetarian and vegan tastes?

I'm not vegetarian myself, but know quite a lot of people who are, (my brother is a vegan) which makes an extra thing to take into account when arranging meals out...

So, any recommendations? I seem to remember seeing a veggie cafe in the centre of town near the winter gardens... Though a place that does meat too won't go amiss...

Thanks for the recommendations.

I guess the difficulty here is in finding a place that can cater equally well to both veg and non-veg people. Especially since I don't want to separate my friends by food preferences...

Neither of us are vegetarian, but we have dined at Kumquat Mae several times because the food and atmosphere is just so.

I have never tried it, but once a month they have a Japanese or special menu that comes highly recommended also.

If you do go to Kumquat Mae, then mention the forum!

I am a vegan and have been to all of those places.

They all do vegan dishes, it depends what you're after really. If you want a quick meal (lunch) then Blue Moon or Olive Garden is a good bet. Olive Garden isn't as big as Blue Moon so may be busy.

For an evening meal Kumquat Mae is great.

Actually, the name Kumquat Mae sounds really interesting... is it a chinese restaurant?

Thanks for all ther recommendations, people.

But as I said, I'd like to have a place I could take veggie and non veggie people... a normal restaurant that does very good vegetarian food, without having to "cobble something together"... Having said that, I think I'll probably have a go at Kumquat Mae anyway....

Archived