Sheffield to have best roads in the UK

Mecky

Sheffield DO have the best roads in the UK - well, between the potholes it is pretty good, anyway.

BUT - the road are relatively free of congestion, so thats a good thing. :)

....and a lot of them are quite wide. whoop, I'm on a rol___l. <------I hit a pothole :hihi:

The news says a private company will be given £2bn to make Sheffield's roads the best in the country. I don't know about other people but I'm very sceptical about this. Thoughts?

Again.THE COUNCIL GOT A GRANT FOR £200m and blew it all on the wicker.

Personally I'd like to see a little more detail about how the work is going to be managed and the quality of the refurb which, apparently, will include new pavements, street furniture and trees (or maintenance of) and lighting/traffic signals. Time will tell I suppose.

it won't go as far as people are hoping.

to be fair about the wicker costing £200m well remember it was virtually impassible after

the floods and they made a good job of it in my opinion, just a shame all the building and shops down there need some tlc and a clearout otherwise would look great.

reduce the lanes for cars and put in cycle lanes throughout, that would encourage more cyclists, less cars, less emissions, reduced injuries, less costs for the NHS, less fat people, less road rage, generally its a bloody good idea!!

it won't go as far as people are hoping.

to be fair about the wicker costing £200m well remember it was virtually impassible after

the floods and they made a good job of it in my opinion, just a shame all the building and shops down there need some tlc and a clearout otherwise would look great.

You're right about the money not going as far as people might think.

Not sure were the figure of £200m for Wicker has come from, but it was done on the back of the Inner Relief Road and that whole project was less than £60m iiirc.

Archived