Did anyone fall for this scam?

andysvan

I was out shopping this afternoon and someone handed me a piece of paper advertising an electrical goods sale. Apparantly, they were selling all sorts of things like i-pods, PSPs, flat screen TVs etc all at ridiculously low prices. Too good to be true pices, like £20 for an i-pod, £10 for a Nintendo DS etc.

This sale was taking place in an empty shop next to HSBC on Pinstone Street, and you had to be there at exactly 2pm otherwise they wouldn't let you in.

As it was quite obviously a con, and there was a big crowd of people who were falling for it, I phoned the police. They weren't too bothered, and told me to call trading standards, which I did. Trading standards told me they knew about this scam, but apparantly they couldn't do anything about it because "it's not as easy as that.":loopy:

So what I want to know is, did anyone go to this thing? If so, how much money were you conned out of? Did you get anything to show for it at all? I'm sure some people learned a lesson the hard way!

I'm sorry but I don't get this. In the Star last year it had said that the police were trying to track these people down, after lots of people were conned out of cash and threatened last year. So why are they letting them get away with it? Who's given them access/permission? I presume the council know about it.

I would have thought that anyone who's seen "The Real Hustle" would be wise enough to know what was going on. I asked one of the heavies on the door of the shop if he had been watching The Real Hustle, and he asked me if I wanted to watch some boxing. He was a thoroughly unpleasant fellow, and he smelled of p*ss and fags.

Yes i know i am a mug but they got me 2 years ago jsut before christmas in fact i would say it was about now, the worst part was i sore a woman give her childs christmas away and she was in tears afterwoods, and before anyof you dare tell me that she deserved it , then go find a heart first, oh and realise that it is simple to make a mistake !!

Archived