Favourite pub crawls

belperite

Ok after living in Sheffield for about 7 years and having being in nearly 150 of its boozers (not that I'm some alchie or anything ;) ), was just wondering what peoples favourite pub crawls are?

Mine would probably be in this order:

1. Start up Crookes, then Broomhill, then town if you make it that far:

The Ball > Noahs Ark > Old Grindstone > Fox & Duck > Broomhill Tavern > The Place > Springfield Tavern > West End > Other-random-West-Bank-boozer-such-as-Aunt-Sallys > Bath Hotel

2. The Kelham Run:

Cask & Cutler > Kelham Island Tavern > Fat Cat > Gardeners Rest

3. Town:

Bath Hotel > Dev Cat > Washington > Swim Inn? > Red Deer > Red House (on Solly Street)

4: Eccy Road:

Devonshire Arms > Classic Rock Bar > Nursury Tavern > Porter Brook > Porter Cottage > Lescar

Anyone else?

Rich

---

http://www.alldayer.org

You hit it right on the head with number 1 mate :clap:

Although, I used to start in Ranmoor

Rising Sun - Bulls Head - Ranmoor Inn (into Broomhill) Nottingham House - South Sea - The Place and then finished off in Broomhill Tavern :D

In and around Chapeltown, excluding clubs.

Commercial, Coach & Horses, Royal oak, Scandals, Escape, Prince of wales, Wharncliffe, Crown & Cushion, Acorn, Bridge inn

Pheonix, (then through the park) Market inn, Queens head, Cart & Horses, Pack horse, Crossfield Tavern, Finish at The Barrel.

Best off doing an all dayer for that.

Clubs you miss out (optional) are: British legion, Chapeltown w.m.c. Ranch, High green w.m.c. and Thorncliffe pavilion.

:gag:

This was annual pub crawl in 2004

Old Queens Head

Ye Old Harrow

Riverside

three tuns

dog and partridge

frog and parrot

(Curry house on west street)

cricketers

was dissapointed with (morrisey's) riverside as it has turned from an interesting old pub with a live gig room upstairs, into a bland restraunt bar

Went on a good crawl last week up Crookes and Walkley, managed 11 boozers:

The Ball -> Noah's Ark -> Grindstone -> Cobden View -> Closed Shop -> Hallamshire House -> Springvale -> Royal Hotel -> Freedom House -> Walkley Cottage -> Heavygate

Quality :)

Originally posted by Meaks

The Ball -> Noah's Ark -> Grindstone -> Cobden View -> Closed Shop -> Hallamshire House -> Springvale -> Royal Hotel -> Freedom House -> Walkley Cottage -> Heavygate

Managed 11 boozers

I hope you didn't "wus out" and have only a half or a small bottle[eg budweiser] in any of these. As a pub crawl only counts if a full pint is taken in every establishment.

My record was 14 pints in 2002,

I could only manage 10 in 2004

Excellent Meaks,

Apology for casting aspersions about your supping qualifications. You are just the kind of propper drinker that we need in this fine city of ours. No more of those Budwieser drinkers, or william hague chattering class I once drunk 15 pints, when I was a northerner types..

:thumbsup:

Most of my mates have a Sweeny Liver, being able to drink like "The Guv" Jack Reagan.

All Real Ale as well of course, except for the Royal Hotel who'd run out.

Probably be going round town tonight for some proper boozing - Devonshire Cat, Washington, Bath Hotel, Red Deer, Red House....

Nothing like a dirty low boozer

Archived