Poll-Was Taggy's the best ice-cream in Sheffield?

steveb2007

Was Taggy's the best ice-cream in Sheffield?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Was Taggy's the best ice-cream in Sheffield?

• Yes
    • No
    • Never heard of it,i had to make do with Mister Softee!

No question about it, Taggy's was by far and away the best.

Left all the rest standing. Nothnig to compare with that yellow richness. You can take your mister whippies/ mister softees thin, bleached white rubbish, and chuck it over Lady's Bridge.

Totally agree.I used to deliver the milk,when a kid,round Heeley & the Taggy's depot.Those lovely yellow vans........................:love:

No question about it, Taggy's was by far and away the best.

Left all the rest standing. Nothnig to compare with that yellow richness. You can take your mister whippies/ mister softees thin, bleached white rubbish, and chuck it over Lady's Bridge.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh how dare you say Mister softee is rubbish , my mister softee is lovely :hihi:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh how dare you say Mister softee is rubbish , my mister softee is lovely :hihi:

lol, have to disagree with you Kazza, about "whippy" icecream, it's too thin in texture, and too pale. All you are getting is lots of air. It melts too quickly, too.

In the solid ice cream, like Taggys was, it was firm, it was rich, it was creamy, with a lovely yellow "jersey cream" colour. it was delicious.

the only Ice creams I have found in the years since the demise of Taggys, that come anywhere near their icecream is Bradwells' and Thorntons', and even those fall short, when compared to Taggy's.

Was Taggy's the best ice-cream in Sheffield?

I think it definately was,by a mile,made from Channel Island milk.mmmmmmmmmmmmm :love:

Definietly I used to go to my Aunties on a Sunday for lunch and he used to come round about 4pm and we always had one. Even her dog loved Taggy's..

lol, have to disagree with you Kazza, about "whippy" icecream, it's too thin in texture, and too pale. All you are getting is lots of air. It melts too quickly, too.

In the solid ice cream, like Taggys was, it was firm, it was rich, it was creamy, with a lovely yellow "jersey cream" colour. it was delicious.

the only Ice creams I have found in the years since the demise of Taggys, that come anywhere near their icecream is Bradwells' and Thorntons', and even those fall short, when compared to Taggy's.

I wasnt talking about the ice cream when i said my mister softee was lovely LOL :hihi:

Actually i do like the yellow ice cream and Bradwells is fantastic , i sometimes hide a tub in our freezer , just dont tell hubby Ha Ha ! I never had taggy's so cant comment on it .

Back onto the thin , bleached softee ice cream (!) , plenty of people do think its fab, we sell loads on our van , must be all the sauce , nuts , sherbert and everything else people ask to be put on it that makes it taste great , Ha Ha !!

Weve just started using ice cream from a different supplier and everyones been saying how creamy and rich it tastes , its still white but it tastes alot more like Bradwells ice cream tastes .

Just going to get the keys for the van and have a big '99' me thinks !! :D

Archived