Fixed penalty notice for term time holidays

Hi

Michael Gove has changed the rules around school holidays. So the education authority can give out fixed penalty notices.

https://www.gov.uk/school-attendance-absence/overview

"You can be prosecuted if you don’t give your child an education."

I believe that holidays are part of a persons life experience and add to their education. My daughter has recently moved in with me, she was attending school less when she was with her mother. So if she has 5 extra days out of school, how can I be doing worse than before?

If I dont pay any FPN, how likely would a judge be to see it my way?

My daughter has recently moved in with me, she was attending school less when she was with her mother. So if she has 5 extra days out of school, how can I be doing worse than before?

That's not really the point though. You may be improving your daughter's education but you're not maximising it.

That's not really the point though. You may be improving your daughter's education but you're not maximising it.

I dont agree, an experience of going on an airoplane and all that goes with it must be a valuable thing. She is also learning spanish, and going to Spain. She is 13.

Let's be honest you just want a cheap holiday to Spain so you can get a tan to brag about

Getting a tan to brag about is normally the last thing on my mind when I visit other countries. It may be your primary motivation for foreign travel, but it's not everybodies.

Hi

Michael Gove has changed the rules around school holidays. So the education authority can give out fixed penalty notices.

https://www.gov.uk/school-attendance-absence/overview

"You can be prosecuted if you don’t give your child an education."

I believe that holidays are part of a persons life experience and add to their education. My daughter has recently moved in with me, she was attending school less when she was with her mother. So if she has 5 extra days out of school, how can I be doing worse than before?

If I dont pay any FPN, how likely would a judge be to see it my way?

So why arent schools prosecuted when taking training days in term time. It should work both ways