VC holders grave left to smack rats

should sheffield VC grave be left to vandels and smack rats?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. should sheffield VC grave be left to vandels and smack rats?

LT G LAMBERT VC

this man was buried in sheffield after many years of military service.

his grave was surrounded by smack rat needels, which i removed. why has this city allowed this to happen?

IF YOUR INTERESTED IN MAKING A DONATION TO HELP FIX UP HIS GRAVE OR MOVE HIS GRAVE PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT OR PM ME. THANKS

Welcome to Sheffield Forum :wave:

I don't think that this type of behaviour is exclusive to Sheffield :(

I do hope that you wore gloves when you picked up the needles and disposed of them into a burn bin and handed it in to an appropriate place for incineration as per the recommended disposal of sharps guidelines.

Many people have no respect for history and the people who died to give them the freedoms and lifestyles they take for granted.....do I sound old???

Is he buried in Wardsend Cemetery? It may be worth trying to contact the Friends of the Cemetery to see if they can assist.

If the situation is as you describe, it's a disgrace and the man deserves better.

Is he buried in Wardsend Cemetery? It may be worth trying to contact the Friends of the Cemetery to see if they can assist.

If the situation is as you describe, it's a disgrace and the man deserves better.

thanks ill try them. however wardsend is beyond help he should be moved.

Archived