WasabiSabi

jaki_fruit

• 2 weeks later...

Well I love japanese food and when I heard about this restaurant opening in Sheffield I was delighted. Before this I'd been going to Ginza Teppanyaki on Mansfield Rd in Nottingham and that one is fab!

Unfortunately, I have had a crummy experience of this new place... saw the review in The Star, organised a works party to go there, booked the teppanyaki table a week in advance, then got a phonecall 3 days later to say that they'd messed it up.

They were extremely unhelpful concerning trying to make alternative arrangements for me and so I just feel really naffed off now.

It would just be nice to receive a decent standard of customer service sometimes, I dont mind the fact that they made a mistake, just that they did nothing to resolve it!

I think I will stick to Ginza in Nottingham. Hope the rest of you have more luck!

that Ginza place?! its tappenyaki place init?! yeah, ive been there.. the food aint great... ive had my fair share of japanese food and i would only recomend that place if you had no other alternative. the sushi wasnt fresh, seem to me that it had been there for days! if you know ur japanese food then wasabisabi is prob the place to go in this area.

gutted about the lack of customer service u have experienced, but so far i havent had any problems.

i had the teppanyaki yesterday, it was delightful. it was def one of the best meals ive had in a long time. you have to try it, i strongly recomend it...

Well customer service is as important as the food and seeing as it took them 3 days to let me know that they had double booked me... I'm starting off with a negative experience of the place. Only the restaurant manager can sort out my impression of the place I'm afraid.

Glad its not been this stressful for everyone though.

Originally posted by starchild

Why do you always have the exact same post count as me?

Yet again, the suspense is killing me.

:D

Why do you even CARE about his post count? Post counts don't even matter, it's post QUALITY that's important, not how many posts you have under your username.

to be fair, the restuarant has only been open for about 3weeks. you cant expect it to be perfect first time. they are bound to make mistakes somewhere along the line. its early days, its abit harsh if your holding grudges already! i do think that informaing you 3days later is acceptable at all... but it shouldnt be the reason why you wont be going. its a really nice place to go, the food is great! think you should try and book again and hopefully they wont double book...

I am going on Saturday to WasabiSabi. Any recommendations -should i book ahead - what are the differences beween the types of cuisine (have never eaten Japanese before)

Now for a brief OT Aside

Originally posted by Rich

Why do you even CARE about his post count? Post counts don't even matter, it's post QUALITY that's important, not how many posts you have under your username.

Geoff, the man is right - Can we have a performance quality indicator instead of a post count,

Not sure how you'd do it - Some neat algorithm that takes the Gunning-Kincaid index, and weights it against a concordance of building block words and some kind of back pass filter that negatively weights masked swearing, text speak, or other poor quality indicators.

Originally posted by Phanerothyme

Not sure how you'd do it - Some neat algorithm that takes the Gunning-Kincaid index, and weights it against a concordance of building block words and some kind of back pass filter that negatively weights masked swearing, text speak, or other poor quality indicators.

Or you could just get people to rate posts.

This is way off topic now.

hiya, i would def advise you to make a booking... im becoming quite the regular there!

teppanyaki is where the food is cooked in front of you... i like it but when its a busy night it can get very hot!!

i would recomend the sushi if you like fish esp the salmon! its soo fresh! otherwise try the ebi tempura (deep fried king prawn) tasty stuff... try it out, there is something for everyone there

Originally posted by Phanerothyme

I am going on Saturday to WasabiSabi. Any recommendations -should i book ahead - what are the differences beween the types of cuisine (have never eaten Japanese before)

I'm new to this so please bear with me!

I am going to WasabiSabi on Sat night too and was told when i rang last night that they only had a few tables left for teppanyaki so i recommend that u give them a call first .

This will be my first japanese meal as well and i'm not sure what to expect, how expensive it will be, what i am likely to be eating (other than it being japanese of course!) or anything!!

Archived