Wokmania this evening

Ade65

Hi,

Went to Wokmania with my wife at teatime tonight as we were in town, and used one of the 2-for-1 vouchers from 'Exposed'. It was about 5:30Pm so prices had risen to £11.90 each (so the voucher was the only reason we went in).

Shocking. Food cold, a good number of the food trays empty, even the wraps basket for the shredded duck was empty - one of the things supposed to be on after 5PM. Not enough serving cutlery, so people were using their fingers to get the shredded veg to go with the duck (but not the wraps!). I was surprised at the low number of items to choose from also. No staff around to replenish the empty trays either.

As we left, I did complain, and the manager said they were in the process of changing the items over for the evening buffet (this was after 6PM, an hour after the evening menu was supposed to start, and an hour after the evening price was being applied).

We only got charged for our drinks, so I guess that says they recognised the bad performance; but shouldn't they be making sure that they don't give a bad performance like that? I know we'll not be back.

I've only been there once....they did some re-launch (not sure why) and it was free (so more of a free for all than usual!). We went along with an open mind. Never again - but at least I didn't pay anything! They ran out of cutlery that night too. When they did bring it out it wasn't dried - just chucked in a tub covered in water.

I suppose it's ok if you want to stuff your face for the afternoon, but I rather go elsewhere and get food cooked fresh rather than helping myself to food that's been stood there a while.

I'm afraid that I can't even comment on the quality of the Wokmania main courses, because on the one and only occasion that I went there every single main course had peppers in, which is a bit of an issue if you're allergic to peppers like I am. Of course, by the time I worked this out I'd been there long enough that I had to pay anyway...

shocking food at this place but guess u swop quality for quantity - i'd sooner go somewhere and have one or two nice dishes than loads of crap ones..... I also worry this is the same Wokmania as the one in Doncaster described by the Star as being filthy and swarming with flies - and guilty of 23 hygene offences - fined £11k

Archived