Sky.Have they any customer service at all?

Nowt but praise for them here, fantastic customer services, rang up a few days ago, in 5 mins I had renewed at 50% discount, and compared to the licence fee is fantastic value for money.

Roughly twice as much for the base price of the smallest bundle with approx 25% of the time devoted to adverts ? I think you and I have differing opinions about value for money :)

Roughly twice as much for the base price of the smallest bundle with approx 25% of the time devoted to adverts ? I think you and I have differing opinions about value for money :)

Maybe, but I will show you my reasoning, licence fee £144 ? per year , programs I watch thanks to this fee 0, zero, zilch , nothing, there isn't one single program I watch on these channels.

Sky fee £ 300 per year, hundreds of shows I watch and all in high definition.

Sky is a godsend , it really is !

We had Sky a few years ago. The modem failed so I rang up to get a replacement only to be argued at for 30 minutes by some Irish bloke who told me there was nothing wrong with my modem and the internet was working fine. I told him I'd had someone out to look at it and in their expert opinion the modem was fecked. He then said only a Sky engineer could determine such a thing and unless I'd pay for a call out they wouldn't do anything.

Result - moved to Virgin. Still not happy with them but at least their (frequent) engineer visits are free.

. . . I rang up to get a replacement only to be argued at for 30 minutes by some Irish bloke. . .

Result - moved to Virgin. Still not happy with them but at least their (frequent) engineer visits are free.

See? I told you the Irish and the Scots and the Welsh hate the English :D

Virgin Media rely heavily on Indian call centres, but you can use this to your advantage and squeeze a good deal out of them (the Scottish call centre workers are notoriously tight by comparison)