FIFA officials arrested in Switzerland

taxman

Sepp Blatter resigns ... I'm sure this news is just coincidental:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/top-blatter-aide-said-to-have-moved-funds-1433208048

U.S. law-enforcement officials believe a top deputy to Sepp Blatter made roughly $10 million in transfer payments detailed in a sweeping Justice Department indictment alleging corruption at FIFA, the international soccer organization, according to a person familiar with the matter.

This links not behind a paywall:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/02/sports/soccer/sepp-blatters-top-fifa-deputy-jerome-valcke-is-said-to-have-transferred-money-central-to-bribery-case.html?_r=0

Worth pointing out that farage resigned and tried to find a way back in.

Indeed - call me cynical, but I think I'll wait until there is a new president before celebrating. I can see him changing his mind "in the interests of FIFA" :|

Time to relieve the Blatter.

weird that he made a speech saying he'll stay and now is resigning

just shows how poorly transparent FIFA is and how much reform needs to be made

I bet all those countries that voted for his majesty the King Blatter on Friday feel a little stupid:D

---------- Post added 03-06-2015 at 06:30 ----------

btw/

The most popular sport in the world has been run by a corrupt organization for years. Yet we have done nothing about it. And now the United States comes along and kicks in the door. Soccer is at best an afterthought in America. . What does it say that this worldwide treasure that means so much to so many has to be fixed by a country that barely acknowledges its existence??:suspect:

Sepp Blatter implicated in Hatton Garden robbery (according to Cassetteboy)

35 years:gag:

he has just announced the real reason he has resigned is to spend more time with his family and his shredder.

this is a good chance Vlad will ditch the 2018 event in the next few days or weeks, claiming it to be the victim of a US conspiracy. He doesn't want the event anyway now, given its cost and the leverage it gives to his opponents - not to mention the fact that the Russian team will likely be humiliated in the group stages - again.

The FBI are ruffling some FIFA feathers now , i reckon its the tip of an iceberg.

There must be some FIFA officials quaking in their shoes.

With the 2010 World cup having been selected through corrupt FIFA officals and the FBI

onto the 1998 World cup for the same thing , things are now coming to light.

Just wonder if the 2018 and 2022 World cups will be annulled.

As we all know FIFA is corrupt to the core .

How can we trust this current FIFA organisation ?We can't.

It needs abolishing and a complete set of officials put into place.

Who and how would be able to set up a complete new organisation?

If this was to happen then i would think England would be able to prepare for the 2018 W/cup

at such short notice.It would appear England were one of the favourites for 2018.

Anyone know if England were runners-up to Russia in the 2018 bidding ?

If not i would think whoever it was should be the preferred country.

The dominoes are falling now. Chuck Blazer's admissions before a judge in 2013 have now been made public, the judge referred to FIFA as a “racketeering influenced corrupt organisation”.

Now Jack Warner has come out and said he feels his life is threatened and he's ready to cough up an "avalanche of secrets"